My 700xx isn't a virgin anymore! - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 04-11-2011, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 700xx isn't a virgin anymore!

I've had my 700xx for about a month and a half now, and this past weekend I was finally able to get it out on some trails (Ballinger Canyon OHV, Ca) and experience all this hype I keep reading about and... OMFG!!! I damn near needed to put on a rubber while riding. I've been riding sport quads for nearly 15 years (300ex and 400ex) on south eastern Ohio trails (woods and hills, gets technical at times). My Dad bought the 300ex in 1993 and when I was ten in 1995, I started riding it and eventually bought it off him. The 300ex is 18yrs old and it sits on the trailer next to the 700xx now, so Honda has proven to me they can build some reliable toys. It has been flipped and rolled more times than I can count, and still runs and looks awesome. This was my first time at Ballinger too so I didn't know what kind of trails to expect or how I will like IRS and the 150 extra pounds of bike. About one minute into my ride, I was on cloud nine! The suspension is awesome! The trails were anything but smooth, I was in 2nd or 3rd gear the entire time. But I was laughing at how much of the whoops and bumps were being soaked up by the suspension. On my 300ex, I would have been tossed left and right as well as up and down. The 700xx, it was dead on straight soaking up all the bumps. And the power, omg the power I haven't done the big 3, but understand that I came from a 300ex (full exhaust, rev lim, re-jet, air filter, 13t sprocket). The power was smooth and instant, when ever a whoop came up, just a small blip of the throttle and up comes front wheels to clear it, no effort. Now, I am pretty sore two laters, but that's just bc it's been 8-9 months since I last rode and I was chasing 3 dirt bikes (two 450's and one 250 two stroke) for 4-5 hrs on rough trails... it's tough keeping up with them since they can dodge the whoops and everything, but I wasn't fatigued at all. And I wasn't going easy, I was trying my best to keep up. A couple more trips and my shoulders and back will be conditioned enough to not be sore.

But I just wanted to share my excitement for I am no longer a virgin to the 700xx. I told me gf after I went riding Saturday, "With this 700, I don't need a gf!"... she didn't find it funny lol, and after reading it on my screen its not something I should have told my gf , maybe just my buddies lol.

Other than aluminum skid plates, my 700xx is bone stock. A 13t sprocket might be the only upgrade I will do to it in the near future. Once I log some time on the quad, and we get to know each other better, then the upgrades will come!

Happy riding everyone

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 04-11-2011, 10:30 AM

Sounds like another happy XX owner! Now that you've popped her cherry. Your gonna wanna ride 24/7!
post #3 of 13 Old 04-11-2011, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

You're not kidding!! I'm like a high school boy who just got laid his first time, it's all I can think about and I wanna to do it again right away, lol. If I can get my 300ex running right, it won't be hard to find a riding partner since they can ride it.

post #4 of 13 Old 04-11-2011, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

A short video of me going down a trail, my buddy on the KTM450 was amazed on how the suspension was working so well

http://www.youtube.com/user/dyharmon.../1/q_dtTttSv-U
post #5 of 13 Old 04-11-2011, 12:59 PM

Cool video. Let me know if you ever make it out to the dunes and I will try to meet up.

HDD BUILT...EVERYONE ELSE IS RACING FOR SECOND
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

08 Black/Red XX - Sparks big core exhaust, FCI custom intake with K&N, Webb 290 cam, White Knuckle 727cc big bore, CP 13:1 piston, Cuervo Racing +2 head, 48mm Lectron carb, MSD ignition, MSD coil 68HP/53TQ FOR SALE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(DL700)
Jody (Boost Addict)
post #6 of 13 Old 04-11-2011, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Cool Video, where's that taken, is it near Escondido, been told there are allot of trails in that area. Will be in Murrieta this weekend for a week and am hoping to take my buddy's 400EX out if possible but I doubt that he has paid for the registration since 06.

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
post #7 of 13 Old 04-12-2011, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08700xx View Post
Cool video. Let me know if you ever make it out to the dunes and I will try to meet up.
Will do! You mean Glantis right? Or Pismo?
What paddle tires do you run? I'm looking to buying a tire/rim combo dedicated to dunes but I'm not sure what works with our bolt pattern and doesn't push the width out an un-godly amount. I don't think they make paddles for 11" rims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash04 View Post
Cool Video, where's that taken, is it near Escondido, been told there are allot of trails in that area. Will be in Murrieta this weekend for a week and am hoping to take my buddy's 400EX out if possible but I doubt that he has paid for the registration since 06.
This was taken on Trail #40 at Ballinger Canyon OHV in California (Between Santa Maria and Bakersfield). I've never been down south to ride, although I heard San Bernardino has some amazing quad and Jeep trails. Registration can be a bitch, I won't be surprised if they start requiring smog test for off-road vehicles in a few years.
post #8 of 13 Old 04-12-2011, 10:14 AM

LMAO! We are talking about CA, Hell! I'm surprise they haven't come out with a law against farting/burping in public. Can't understand why they are so against fresh air since their head are so high in altitude!!

Think most of the guys are using 10" wheels for paddles.

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
post #9 of 13 Old 04-12-2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNick View Post
Will do! You mean Glantis right? Or Pismo?
What paddle tires do you run? I'm looking to buying a tire/rim combo dedicated to dunes but I'm not sure what works with our bolt pattern and doesn't push the width out an un-godly amount. I don't think they make paddles for 11" rims.

Glamis, Dumont, or Pismo just let me know (dune season in SoCal is pretty much over, it’s going to be 98 in Glamis this weekend) I run 10" Douglas wheels and Skat Trak paddles. IMO one the best all around tires for the dunes is Skat Trak Edge (22X11X10 7 paddle would probably be best for your XX), they are a nice V paddle. Skats are a little pricey if you are not going to go out to the dunes much so you may want to talk to some of the other guys on the forum to see what’s working for them.

HDD BUILT...EVERYONE ELSE IS RACING FOR SECOND

08 Black/Red XX - Sparks big core exhaust, FCI custom intake with K&N, Webb 290 cam, White Knuckle 727cc big bore, CP 13:1 piston, Cuervo Racing +2 head, 48mm Lectron carb, MSD ignition, MSD coil 68HP/53TQ FOR SALE

(DL700)
Jody (Boost Addict)
post #10 of 13 Old 04-12-2011, 07:12 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to 700xxmaniac
i was thinkin u were gona say u got laid on the xx when i clicked this thread

08 TRX700XX
-uni
-primary drive 13t
-pclll
-soon to have a cp 11:1

99 ford f-250 ccsb 7.3

-skyjacker 6'' lift
- 315-75r16 pro comp xtarrain
-sct 100hp tune
-straight pipe with 4'' dp
-dana 60 swap with mile marker hubs

06 pos hyundia tuscon
-dont buy one there junk

live to ride and ride to live
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode