newly acquired toy - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-05-2011, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
newly acquired toy

I just bought a 97 300ex. The only problem I have with the bike is the idle is so low it wants to die, adjust it up and idle high, no real happy midle ground. been a while since I ran a carb. Oh well, it was only 400.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-06-2011, 04:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Garage
Wheres the pictures!

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-06-2011, 04:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sounds like the carb needs a good clean up

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)

post #4 of 6 Old 05-06-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash04 View Post
Sounds like the carb needs a good clean up
and some 93 octane. thats a solid bike, not a bad deal!

Reply from 192.168.13.100: bytes=32 time=16275001ms TTL=128
post #5 of 6 Old 05-06-2011, 07:05 PM

Hell I paid 700 for my sisters 300EX and now a simple fix (valve adjustment) turns into a complete rebuild so for 400 and only having a carb problem your doing fine

I've got almost 2K in hers already and its still in a million pieces but when its done it will be a monster of a 330 lol

08 trx700xx lot's O mod's
08 ktm 525xc modded
08 yamaha 450 lightly modded
05 grizzly 660SE (sold)
11 rzr s (sold) and missed

sponsors:
Manford Auto Supply (NAPA)

Teixeira Tech:

L8aton Racing:

Fox Racing:

powermadd:

WAR doesn't determine who's right just who's left
post #6 of 6 Old 05-06-2011, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Here's the history. The guy I got it off of owned it about5yrs ago, sold it. Bought it back a couple days ago not running. Don't know how long it was sitting. Took it out a little this afternoon and drained old fuel(no idea how old it was). Put some seafoam and fresh 93 in it. Took it down the driveway several times, idle started to go up, backed it down some. Road some more, idle went up again. Backed it out somemore. Road it a little longer and idle never went back up. Think the carb had some junk in it. To go into more descriptive details. Here is a rundown on it. Back shock is bad, seat cover is ripped in a couple spots, swingarm bearings/bushing sloppy. No headlight switch, have to get that fixed. I will try to get some pics up tomorrow. I did get my first win and loss on it tonight. My buddy has a bone stock one and weighs about 165, I was on mine and weigh about 265. I beat him out of the hole and clear to almost the revlimiter, and he passes me top end. I don't think that is bad.

MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode