Insurance/Financing question.. - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 05-24-2011, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Insurance/Financing question..

I was under the impression that when you finance the purchase of a vehicle, the finance company will require that the vehicle is insured... so that if the vehicle is wrecked, they will still get their money. The "vehicle" in question here would be a quad. I don't know from financing because I've always paid cash... truck (new) and my quads. I just ALWAYS insure my quad because it represents such a big chunk of money and it's so easy to have a bad crash that trashes the quad.

A tale told to me over the weekend at the SCCS race was... A guy was doing a hill climb at one of the SVRAs here in Calif on his brand new yfz450x (2 weeks old) lost it, and his quad went end over end about 300' down the hill... destroyed. He was in tears because he hadn't even made the first payment yet on a zero down deal and he didn't have insurance. Does this sound right?
The quad is the collateral for the loan and it seems to me that they'd want their collateral protected.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-24-2011, 10:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
In Kentucky we don't have to carry insurance on quads. Even if they're financed.
post #3 of 12 Old 05-24-2011, 10:40 AM

Its a must for that have a streetlegal + that they get easily stolen here.
+ if i crash it i get a brand new one. or money back atleast!
Or for the very best get it fixed at the dealer.

Honda Trx 700xx Black And Grey
Mods:
L8ton Sway Bar 11/16"
Alba Pro Elite Bumper
Alba Pro Elite Nerfbars
J n J Skidplates
Supersprox Front Sprocket 13 Tooth
Reverse Rev Limiter Removed
Trailtech Vapor
Powermadd Black And Chrome
Hidlights-5000K

post #4 of 12 Old 05-24-2011, 12:33 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I have had a few loans for quads or dirt bikes over the years and I have never been required to carry insuarance on any of them. I don't think they are really looked at as "collateral" loans. Sure if you default on them they will come and try to take the quad/bike back, if they can get it, but more then likely they will just send you to collections to get their money from you. I don't now why a quad/bike is different from a car or truck, but I have never heard of anyone having to insure there quad/bike because the bank required it.

Doug

2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
(BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2015 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
2005 TRX450R
1986 TRX250R
post #5 of 12 Old 05-24-2011, 01:32 PM

Insurance is not required. Some dealers will offer it and express how important it is, but not mandatory.
post #6 of 12 Old 05-24-2011, 01:50 PM

I had my xx financed through Honda and they did not require insurance.

HDD BUILT...EVERYONE ELSE IS RACING FOR SECOND
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

08 Black/Red XX - Sparks big core exhaust, FCI custom intake with K&N, Webb 290 cam, White Knuckle 727cc big bore, CP 13:1 piston, Cuervo Racing +2 head, 48mm Lectron carb, MSD ignition, MSD coil 68HP/53TQ FOR SALE

(DL700)
Jody (Boost Addict)
post #7 of 12 Old 05-24-2011, 03:01 PM
ein

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08700xx View Post

same

23" GBC XC Master tires up front
ITP T-9 rims rear GBX X-REX 22-11-10 rear
Douglas red label rear rims with 25" swamp lite tires
8000k Hid lights, 13/14/15tooth sprokets
Removed reverse rev limiter
Ds450 shock swap
EHS fuel programmer
Big Gun EVO R slip on
post #8 of 12 Old 05-24-2011, 04:25 PM

I had mine financed, and I have insurance. For the sole factor that my warrior was stolen. I will never have anything that ist insured anymore. But its not required

MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
post #9 of 12 Old 05-24-2011, 06:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
One big reason for auto insurance is for other drivers. It isn't just so that you can finance your car. If you pay cash, you still have to have insurance, unless you have enough money to cover any damages that may occur to anyone else on the road, including them suing you and stuff. For a quad, there is considering less accidents where people harm others, so that is one reason.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #10 of 12 Old 05-24-2011, 06:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08700xx View Post
Same here in Ohio, and dealer didn't even mention insurance. I do have full coverage on mine, including atv trailer.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode