700xx question? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 05-25-2011, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
700xx question?

is it true right frome the factory the 700 only makes 75 percent power untilll a couple hours of riding????i read that some where and didnt know if it was true?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-25-2011, 01:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Not that I know of... However, you should do a proper break in of the motor before you go WOT... This is a must for all new machines, not just our 700xx.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #3 of 8 Old 05-25-2011, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Garage
What would proper break in be? Or do you just mean after the 1st 20 hour service? I shouldn't be asking, I don't think I've been WOT but like once for a split second so far, but just wondering.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 Old 05-25-2011, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

ok cook yea im gona do a good break in ill go easy the first 2 tanks
post #5 of 8 Old 05-25-2011, 09:29 PM

My motor builder tells me to break it in like you are going to run it. Sooooo wide open.. I have never had a motor go out prematurely, and have raced for 15 years.
post #6 of 8 Old 05-25-2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmonkey700xx View Post
My motor builder tells me to break it in like you are going to run it. Sooooo wide open.. I have never had a motor go out prematurely, and have raced for 15 years.

I did the same, road the hell out of it for break in. The only thing I suggest is to not hold it at a steady RPM for an extended amount of time.

"I like my women like I like my coffee.......Full of booze"!
post #7 of 8 Old 05-25-2011, 10:09 PM

You want to break in a new motor the way it will be ridden. Give it hell! It will help the piston rings seat properly to the cylinder. Work through all the rpms, put it under load by down shifting to slow down, and try not to keep it at a steady rpm. This is what i've heard works best.

2009 Raptor 770R
Monster duals, FCI, PC3, +5 Hotrods, Kenz 105mm cylinder, CP 10.75:1, Barker RHC14 cam, Kibblewhite springs, Trex II port, +3 throttle body, Dynatek programmable, evac valve, 22" Haulers on Douglas wheels
post #8 of 8 Old 06-09-2011, 08:32 AM

Break it in hard and it will be fast. Seen it over and over. Easy break in's and the motors aren't as quick/fast. Don't overhead the engine mind you......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode