They're closing all of Oregon's dune trails - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-26-2011, 02:05 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
They're closing all of Oregon's dune trails

Under the new 10c rules the forest service is closing all of the trails on the Oregon Dunes. This reduces access and cuts approximately 103 miles of trails down to only 4.
http://www.fs.fed.us/nepa/fs-usda-po...?project=34220
Everything in yellow will be closed.

If you've ever ridden or have wanted to ride the Oregon Dunes I encourage you to comment at:
[email protected]
or
mailto:[email protected]

Even if you haven't ridden here, we are all still in the same boat. More closures mean less riding areas. This is our last chance to speak out before we lose major sections of the Oregon Dunes.

Thanks!

Currently: 400ex, Lexx MXe, K&N w/outerwears
Outlaw 525 IRS

Save the Oregon Dunes!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Rkangel; 06-26-2011 at 10:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-26-2011, 09:24 AM

The second link does not work. I've ridden those dunes when I used to travel thru Oregon and that will be sad to see them close by these liberal/ save a tree people living OR.

I tell you, we are losing trails all over the country because of these people and the sad part is that we do not have enough leverage to fight since we are not a group/club like they are.

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
post #3 of 4 Old 06-26-2011, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Fixed the second link.

The extreme environmental groups are killing the dunes and the forest service is "managing" them to death. All to protect invasive, non-native plants that they themselves introduce under the pretense of "stabilizing" the dunes. These plants are now choking the dunes and everywhere they spread means more closures. Yet once again we are blamed for problems we did not create.

Currently: 400ex, Lexx MXe, K&N w/outerwears
Outlaw 525 IRS

Save the Oregon Dunes!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 Old 06-26-2011, 07:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, I'm super pissed about this. The sand trails are my favorite type of riding. I am trying to spread the word to all my local atv friends, but I think it might be too little too late. This blows.

08 Honda 700xx
Installed
11.0:1 CP Piston || +3 Throttle Body by Cuervo Racing || Web 290 Cam
HD Web Valve Springs || Hard Rockers || NGK BKR6EKPB-11 Laser Platinum spark plug
Modquad Air Flow System with K&N Filter || custom mounted trail tech vapor || Modified air box lid
DMC Afterburner full exhaust || EBC Dirt Racer Clutch Kit w/Cuervo Racing springs || PC3
Rear 22" Kenda Kutter XC tires || Rear 22" ITP Sand Star tires

Dyno Tuned by Cuervo Racing @ 53.82rwhp & 44tq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode