bought a new to me quad - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 08-23-2011, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bought a new to me quad

Well my bike is still in the shop so i bought a ktm 525 off one of the members on this forum its a pretty sweet ride it looks like it had a hard life like it got submerged or something but the top end is brand new i feel for the second owner hopefully he didn't loose to much on it

anyway a little bit of tlc and it will be as good as new it is wicked fast i don't have an area on 80 acres i feel safe enough to open it up and get into fifth gear lol

ill try and post some pics later

08 trx700xx lot's O mod's
08 ktm 525xc modded
08 yamaha 450 lightly modded
05 grizzly 660SE (sold)
11 rzr s (sold) and missed

sponsors:
Manford Auto Supply (NAPA)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Teixeira Tech:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

L8aton Racing:

Fox Racing:

powermadd:

WAR doesn't determine who's right just who's left
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 08-23-2011, 11:17 AM

Send a message via AIM to dagirl71
sounds like a fun ride! as for riding it...well come join us in hatfield!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Da Girl
Quit your whining get out and ride

When you strive to be like someone all you end up being is a good copy of a great original!!!Be your own GREAT ORIGINAL!!!
post #3 of 22 Old 08-23-2011, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Umm id love to but that's a bit far id have to plan that a year or so in advance.

I will ride there eventually though

08 ktm 525xc modded
05 grizzly 660SE (sold)

sponsors:

Teixeira Tech:

L8aton Racing:

Fox Racing:

powermadd:

post #4 of 22 Old 08-23-2011, 02:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
Those engines are good engines as long as they are maintained. You may be able to find a manual for the 450, which is the same engine for the most part relatively cheap. Good luck with it man, and I know exactly what you mean by opening it up. The only place I'd feel safe enough would be on an old fire road lol.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #5 of 22 Old 08-23-2011, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

I got everything with it like it was a brand new quad including the full service manual from ktm so I'm good on that part. As far as maintain. Goes I change the oil often but I know some guys change it after each ride that seems a bit much imo but I guess if it saves you a thousands by spending hundreds it would be worth it

08 ktm 525xc modded
05 grizzly 660SE (sold)

sponsors:

Teixeira Tech:

L8aton Racing:

Fox Racing:

powermadd:

post #6 of 22 Old 08-23-2011, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

here is the pics

08 ktm 525xc modded
05 grizzly 660SE (sold)

sponsors:

Teixeira Tech:

L8aton Racing:

Fox Racing:

powermadd:

post #7 of 22 Old 08-23-2011, 11:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
I can't remember off the top of my head, but how much oil does that take? I know with the 450's (Honda) a lot of people change the oil after everyrace (I mean after riding really hard for 2-6 hours) but don't change the filter. They will change the filter after every other change. Not a bad looking bike either. On a plus side, you can always use a engine out of an outlaw if something goes bad with yours

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #8 of 22 Old 08-28-2011, 10:27 AM

On the outlaws i owned i always changed it every 10hrs , same motor, the biggest thing when changing the oils on this bike is to make sure you use a ratio right, beaker it everytime, to much oil and you will have clutch slippage and leaks. Make dang sure you are carefull with the two oil screens when taking them out, you can lose them in motor....These machines are very picky with oil, pasting you a link with some insight, hope you enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.polarisproriders.com/post...696&trail=50#5
post #9 of 22 Old 08-28-2011, 10:28 AM

Lost 900.oo on sale due to having new top end, which to me is well worth it my peace of mind for who ever bought it
post #10 of 22 Old 08-28-2011, 10:30 AM

These two forums are great for the rfs motors
ktmatvhq.com
http://www.polarisproriders.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode