went atving today - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 09-04-2011, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
went atving today

So I went with my 700xx today and drove to a camp ground where they have some atv trails and allow you the take your atv with you. so we got there and I pulled up to a camp spot and unloaded the 700 and went out on a couple of the trails, and they started out fine and I thought cool nice little trail through the woods then half way through the trail here come the boulders and the drop offs. the 700 went up over every rock that i came to and never even rubbed on my skid plates, then the next trail that i went on was the same way started out fine but then half way through it turned into what looked to be a dried out creek bed and I had to crawl the 700 over the cobble rock creek bed and it went over that fine too with no problems but they were the roughest two trail rides that I have ever been on. and I don't really know if I will ever go back to those trails again. wish I would have had my helmet cam with me to post up a vid for you guys to see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-05-2011, 08:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That's one of the reasons why most of us bought this beast, it can almost take everything and spit it out.

Bet you had a good work out.

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
post #3 of 6 Old 09-05-2011, 11:28 AM

I took mine through a rock crawling trail at the Fishers Reunion at Rock Run. My skid plate dragged a few times, but it made it through faster than my Rincon. I have yet to upload the video.

2008 Honda TRX700XX
*Curtis Sparks X-6 Full Exhaust
*Power Commander V
*Pro Design Air Filter
*Elka Stage One Shocks
*Pro Taper Evo Bars
*Trail Tech Big Bar Clamp
*MSR Clutch Perch
*Powermadd Handguards
*ODI Rogue Grips
*IMS 5gal Tank
*Pro Armor XC Bumper
*PRM Full Skid Plates
*Maxxis Razr II Tires
*ITP Aluminum Rims

2007 Honda Rincon GPScape

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 Old 09-05-2011, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

yeah I did get kind of a work out. and it was fun to see what the beast would do but I don't think that I will be going back to those trails any time soon. maybe if they improve the main road to the camp ground i would go back we'll have to see though. but it was kind of fun crawling my quad over the rocks. Wish I would have had my helmet cam with me.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-05-2011, 02:03 PM

I went riding this weekend as well with a couple 700xx's, 700r, and a new 550efi. The trails got so rocky it wasn't fun anymore after the first two hours. Our 700xx's crawled over most rocks with out bottoming out but I felt bad for my buddy on his 700r lol.

My wheels and skid plates got a little beat up. If you ride in rough terrain at all the wheels dont seem to stay clean easy. I have some good knicks on all four. Oh well wat are you guna do....

2008 Black/Grey TRX700XX:
EHS Airbox & Uni Filter
13t Front Sprocket
Motoworks Exhaust System
PRM Bumper
Quad Boss Rack
Ds450 Shocks
L8ton Sway Bar
Stabilizer
MotionPro Twist Throttle
Pro Armor Nerfs
Winch Installed
Reverse Rev Limit Uninstalled

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6
post #6 of 6 Old 09-05-2011, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

I think though before I go out trail riding again that I will get me a new set of hand guards that will fit the dirt bike handle bars that i have on my xx right now. so that branches or something can't whack me in the hand as I go by when riding. going to change out the clutch and brake levers also on it this winter. but all in all it was fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode