first trip to the dunes this summer and all I can say is it wwas freakin sweet!, but - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 09-05-2011, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
crying first trip to the dunes this summer and all I can say is it wwas freakin sweet!, but

Hey all I haven't been on or around for a while. Just wanted to check in and say Hi. Hopefully everyone is having a great summer of riding. So I took my first trip to the dunes this summer and all I can say is it was freakin sweet!, but...

I went to Winchester Bay, OR. back in June with family, and we got down there early evening on the 17th. We went riding that night and it was my first experience on sand. Used to riding logging roads and rough trails with mud. I have to say I love the sand!

ok so here's the bad news. Sat morning the 18th we went out for a quick ride before breakfast. We were out for roughly a couple hours... Then I went for a little jump, and something went wrong, I felt like the bike was going to land on top of me and so I pushed it away, landed on my feet fell to the ground and broke my friggin leg. Damn... I broke my left femur about 4 inches from my hip. So the rest of my vacation was spent in the hospital having surgery. I now have a titanium rod and 3 pins in my leg.

I am finally back to work and off my crutches!!!!! yea

I cannot wait to get back to riding, I'm hopeful to go later this year.

2008 700xx -Blk-n-Gry (the faster one
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
;)
13 Tooth Renthal Sprocket, L8ton Racing sway bar (both),MotoActiv Chivarly Bumber, EHS BIG 3, Kenda Kutters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 09-05-2011, 02:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Garage
Wow sorry to hear about the accident. I hope you had aflac, or something simular. I'm glad you healed up and are ready to return to riding. How did the 700XX take the spill?

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 Old 09-05-2011, 03:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to dagirl71
OUCH! glad you back and looking forward to riding again!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Da Girl
Quit your whining get out and ride

When you strive to be like someone all you end up being is a good copy of a great original!!!Be your own GREAT ORIGINAL!!!

post #4 of 15 Old 09-05-2011, 06:01 PM

Well that just sucks Ziggy! I'm sure CRWH45 will tell you about breaking his femur!
Glad your healing up and anxious to get back on and ride.
post #5 of 15 Old 09-05-2011, 08:28 PM

Wow that really sucks. Did you break your leg on the sand? Just curious, I've seen many people wipe out and come out of it clean (myself included)

Best wishes hope the recovery goes smoothly

08' TRX700xx - Red n' Black
Big Gun EVO r Exhaust
Uni Filter, L8ton Racing 9/16" Sway Bar
DG V-Lite Bumper. Trimmed Fenders
22" Kenda Kutters all around (dirt)

00' CR250rintintin
FMF Gnarly / Turbine Core 2 Exhaust
post #6 of 15 Old 09-06-2011, 09:15 AM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
The worst bone in the body. Hopefully that was the only one though. I broke mine a long time ago, but also a lot of other bones on the same side. So 2 and a half months on crutches, not too bad. I was 6, and it blew. But like you, this summer was my first time on the sand with a quad, have done it numerous times on dirtbikes and buggies, but never a quad, and I had a blast. Glad to hear your spirits are up and you can't wait to get back to business on it. Good luck, and be sure to do all the excercises and stuff they have you do!

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #7 of 15 Old 09-07-2011, 01:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Know how you feel. I've been out of action most of this year, too. It sucks when you can't go riding...

Currently: 400ex, Lexx MXe, K&N w/outerwears
Outlaw 525 IRS

Save the Oregon Dunes!

post #8 of 15 Old 09-07-2011, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Sorry to hear about the accident. Hope you are ridin' soon but you did pick the faster Black "n" Grey one. Most red owners don't know the differance ! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #9 of 15 Old 09-12-2011, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

no good....

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Quick View Post
Wow sorry to hear about the accident. I hope you had aflac, or something simular. I'm glad you healed up and are ready to return to riding. How did the 700XX take the spill?
Very crappy no insurance at all... Very expensive vacation. The double x is great she landed on her feet and rolled a few feet. I kicked the bike away as I jumped off, probably saved her doing that but unfortunately I broke myself in the process.

;)
13 Tooth Renthal Sprocket, L8ton Racing sway bar (both),MotoActiv Chivarly Bumber, EHS BIG 3, Kenda Kutters!
post #10 of 15 Old 09-12-2011, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rith View Post
Wow that really sucks. Did you break your leg on the sand? Just curious, I've seen many people wipe out and come out of it clean (myself included)

Best wishes hope the recovery goes smoothly
Ya I did... I have learned now that sand = NOT SOFT!

;)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode