Got Rid of my 700xx - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 11-01-2011, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Got Rid of my 700xx

Sadly, I traded my 700xx for a ltr450. I overall loved my 700xx but the ltr450 suites my riding style alot more. Anybody hear anything bad about the lrt450's that I should know about? Any special things I should look out for when riding or maintaining?

2008 TRX 700xx. Renthal FatBars, TrailTech bar clamp, L8ton Racing 11/16ths swaybar, Maxxis RazR 22" rears, Uni Filter, Full Barkers exhaust, DynoJet III USB programmer, AC Racing front bumper/Rear grab Bar, AMR graphics.

2000 CR 500. Fmf Gnarly Headpipe w/Fmf silencer, Renthal Fat Bars, Amr graphics, Factory Connection front/rear suspention, Devol frame guards, Devol Radiator Guards, Gripper seat cover, Twin Air Filter, blue powder coated frame.

2002 400 EX(girlfriends) White brothers full exhaust, Uni Filter, White brothers Graphics, AMS rims, Itp Holeshots, IMS front bumper, Renthal Bars.

2003 Suzuki JR 50. Bone stock (For drunken Mischeif)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 11-01-2011, 07:33 PM

Buddy used to race one, he blew it up twice around the 20 hr Mark. Didn't trust it anymore and sold it for big loss to race trx450r. He now has 2 hondas, ones a 520 or so and the others a built 450. Good luck with the purchase.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
post #3 of 21 Old 11-01-2011, 08:39 PM

bad call IMO!

post #4 of 21 Old 11-01-2011, 08:49 PM

Ltr's are great quads. Very fast and handle really well. They are very popular around here.
post #5 of 21 Old 11-01-2011, 08:54 PM

In my YouTube video it was a LTR450 that burnt to the ground

Port and Polishing w/ +1 Valves by Illinois Powersports
11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 21 Old 11-01-2011, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Hopefully mine doesn't act up on me. I'm always VERY good about properly maintaining my machines so I think I should be ok. I usually go out for 3-4 gncc races a year so It wont be raced all the time. I usually ride sand pits or go for practice days at the local tracks. I rode afew ltr's in the past and loved the way they felt. I know it wont be as reliable as my 700xx was.....Im just hoping I wont run into any major problems that will cost me big $$$$$$

2008 TRX 700xx. Renthal FatBars, TrailTech bar clamp, L8ton Racing 11/16ths swaybar, Maxxis RazR 22" rears, Uni Filter, Full Barkers exhaust, DynoJet III USB programmer, AC Racing front bumper/Rear grab Bar, AMR graphics.

2000 CR 500. Fmf Gnarly Headpipe w/Fmf silencer, Renthal Fat Bars, Amr graphics, Factory Connection front/rear suspention, Devol frame guards, Devol Radiator Guards, Gripper seat cover, Twin Air Filter, blue powder coated frame.

2002 400 EX(girlfriends) White brothers full exhaust, Uni Filter, White brothers Graphics, AMS rims, Itp Holeshots, IMS front bumper, Renthal Bars.

post #7 of 21 Old 11-02-2011, 12:47 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
Keep the fuel system clean and you'll be ok. I got rid of the filter under the tank and put one in line right before the fuel pump. Check out LTR450HQ, should be a write up on there on which one to get and how to install it. The under tank filter was about $50. The in-line you can see when the filter needs to be changed and you can get like 3 for $5-$10.

Frames are stout. Probaly the best 450 frame. It's heavier than the rest of them but you shouldn't have any issues with cracking/breaks. Weakest spot was at the footpegs and if you feel inclined Walsh makes gussets to fix it.

For GNCC's - You can get some Z400 hubs and 4-1 offset front wheels to narrow it down a bit. You'll want the suspension re-worked for the woods as well.
post #8 of 21 Old 11-02-2011, 12:50 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
FYI, I miss my LTR. I had it completely XC race ready and then I got the KTM bug. Didn't have enough cash for a KTM when LTR and all the parts sold so I ended up buying this 700xx.
post #9 of 21 Old 11-04-2011, 08:54 AM

2006+2007 Were the most reliable years for ltr's. 08 and up have 3rd gear problems. 08 and up are a tiny bit faster with different cams, exhaust, and compression. They also softened the suspension and have a new ecu that acts as a traction enhancer. If it were me, I would go with an 08 and just fix 3rd gear when it goes.

2008 red TRX700, CCP stabilizer, PRM Desert II, 13T sprocket, 23" Razr 2's, 11/16" sway bar,Elka Stage 2 Fronts, EHS Big 3, UNI filter, IMS PowerMadd Hand Guards, Wiigstyle rear shock re-spring, Teixeira Tech front upper A-arms,Precision Shock & Vibe clamps, Tusk Chub CR high bend, ODI Rouge grips, HCC seat cover, kenda kutter rear.

2010 camo Polaris Sportsman 850
post #10 of 21 Old 11-07-2011, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info guys! I already have a Pc3 USB, DMC full exhaust, and full nerfs with fat pegs on it now. I had it out sunday and I can clear a 60ft double I could never come close on with the 700xx. I really miss my XX tho :/ Anybody know anything about running the cherrybomb mod with the Pc3 USB? Would they work well together? Im new to suzuki machines in general. Ive always owned Honda's untill now

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode