rc guys - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 12-17-2011, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
rc guys

I am resurrecting my tmaxx 2.5r. I stripped it the other day. Here is a list of things needed; a nitro engine- I'm open to options for bolt in only, I need a good radio, need servos.Along with the other stuff I am going to update the suspension and some small parts. What do any of you guys run.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-17-2011, 10:05 AM
Qaz

are you planning on racing it or just bashing it and is there a budget on anything.... this is a good place to go http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...Traxxas-T-Maxx the traxxas big bore shocks are awesome rpm arms are good , stay away from aluminum bolt ons the truck can take a beating the way it is if you add a bunch of aluminum it makes it so other parts attached to it break easier look here for alot of the stuff and i can answer/help any questions u have really ive done rc for over 20 years so i do know what im talking about
post #3 of 9 Old 12-17-2011, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Not racing, no show truck. Just a back yard bashing. I'll get some metal parts, like skid plates, shock towers, chassis braces, but leave plastic a arms and bumper mounts and stuff. Been thinking of removing reverse but think ill keep for the backyard stuff.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MY RIDES

post #4 of 9 Old 12-17-2011, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Ohh, and my budget is pretty open. If its expensive it will just be a little longer before I get it.

MY RIDES

post #5 of 9 Old 12-17-2011, 10:20 PM

T-maxx Parts

I have a bunch of spare parts for the 2.5, I'll go through and see what I have and let you know. I'll try and get back to you tomorrow.
post #6 of 9 Old 12-17-2011, 11:08 PM Thread Starter

Awesome, thanx

MY RIDES

post #7 of 9 Old 12-18-2011, 01:22 AM
Qaz

you can by an m11 an m8 radio which is really good on ebay for about 125 digital radio one of the best out there made by airtronics or they have an m11 for 299 or m11x for 380 for new for what your doing id get a used one off ebay for a steering servo anything around 200 oz torque and above .10 speed would suffice if you can get something with 500 oz torgue and between .10 and .15 speed it would be awesome for that cus of the big tires motor i dont know whats best bolt on but i know novarasi and os are good reliable motors
post #8 of 9 Old 12-18-2011, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

I am thinking about lower gearing and bigger tires. I am pretty much a beginner but want to become an avid hobbyists if you will. I have thought about making it an emaxx since I need most parts anyway.

MY RIDES

post #9 of 9 Old 12-19-2011, 02:47 AM
Qaz

yeah electric is cleaner and dont have to change needle settings as much and with the new lipo batteries it would make insane power if done right
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode