Upgrading an 09 TRX250X - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 01-10-2012, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Upgrading an 09 TRX250X

My gf has an 09 TRX250X that I'm looking to get some more power out of and is in need of a shock upgrade as she constantly gets pogo'd around. She's on the light side (I'm guessing about 115-120) and her shocks are non adjustable hence the suspension upgrade.

I don't want to move her up to a bigger bike yet as she just started riding but like everyone of us she's looking for more power. Doesn't help that she rides with me and my boys who all ride either 700xx's , Raptors or 450r's

Does anyone have any experience upgrading one of these? Any advice would be really helpful.

When in doubt... Punch it!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-11-2012, 10:24 PM

My stepson and I added an HMF pipe/silencer, jets and K&N filter to his 2006. It perked up nicely. We did not go any farther then that because he just outgrew the Machine too quickly. A Thumper Racing Big Bore Kit would have been next, it bumps displacement to 280cc.

08 TRX700XX
88 LT500R QUADZILLA
06 DVX400 (Son's)
06 TRX250EX (Wife's)
post #3 of 8 Old 01-12-2012, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfm2010 View Post
My stepson and I added an HMF pipe/silencer, jets and K&N filter to his 2006. It perked up nicely. We did not go any farther then that because he just outgrew the Machine too quickly. A Thumper Racing Big Bore Kit would have been next, it bumps displacement to 280cc.
Did you go with a slip on or a full system? Thank you very much for the response BTW...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 Old 01-12-2012, 05:36 PM

I was kind of thinking the same thing with my girls 250 also. The suspension upgrade is going to be pricey as aftermarket shocks are the same price for this as they are for the XX. I couldnt justify paying as much as I paid new for the quad for better suspension. Where did you find the big bore kit for this? I looked all over and couldnt find one

Port and Polishing w/ +1 Valves by Illinois Powersports
11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

post #5 of 8 Old 01-12-2012, 08:07 PM

I want to buy my wife a quad and I think a 250ex would be a perfect one for her to start out on.

08 700XX Black/Gray
01 90 Yerf Dog
post #6 of 8 Old 01-16-2012, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeXX View Post
I want to buy my wife a quad and I think a 250ex would be a perfect one for her to start out on.
I would definitely reccomend TRX 250. The 250X is a perfect bike to learn on. It has Hondas "sport clutch" which is basically a semi auto that also gives you full clutch control so someone can learn how to use the clutch without having to worry about constantly stalling out.

Its a good design for beginners and it allows you to pop the clutch if you have to to get the front end up when you need it. Although I think it definitely has enough power to get the front wheels up when you want.

She just started riding last year and loves it. She did have an advantage as her car is a five speed so shes pretty comfortable shifting, just still getting used to the clutch lever as opposed to a pedal.

Eventually she'll move up to a 300x or a 400x I just would like to see her get more experience on the 250 before she jumps on a bigger bike. So I'll most likely get a new pipe and jet it out to get some more power to keep her happy on it. Need to do something with her suspension too, like I mentioned its non adjustable.

post #7 of 8 Old 01-16-2012, 06:58 AM

My gf, and 11 year old son both learned on a 300ex. I was gonna get a 250ex but decided against it because i new id be selling it in less than a year to get a true manual clutch. Mg son is 12 now and he has driven my xx around, so has my gf. The biggest hold back on the 250 is the shaft drive, th drove me away for the simple fact of no gearing changes. I would have gotten them started on a warrior, but i found the 300 real cheap.

MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
post #8 of 8 Old 01-22-2012, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcb71 View Post
Did you go with a slip on or a full system? Thank you very much for the response BTW...
full system, it was surprisingly inexpensive, under $300 if my memory serves me right.

08 TRX700XX
88 LT500R QUADZILLA
06 DVX400 (Son's)
06 TRX250EX (Wife's)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode