Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Why do you ride?

Simple question. Why do YOU ride.

Cause of the thrill?
The challenge?
Girls think its cool?
You like to show off?

Why do you ride?

Riding to me is something I started when I was 5 on a Suzuki 50 quad. My dad owned a construction company and when he did larger jobs or the area was suitable, he would let me ride where he could keep an eye on me but still work. I then spent MANY years with him hunting riding on a TRX200 through out Texas and Missouri. I ride now to remember the times I spent with my father out in the country, in the trees, the nature, the wildlife and the good times I have being around my closets' friends, doing something we all enjoy together and to relax.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 01-14-2012, 09:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Because its phucking fun. It's an adrenaline rush cracking the throttle and letting yhe machine cut loose. All of that power being under my control really gets my blood flowing. And when you start going fast, climbing hills, doing wheelies, and just straight ripping down down trails it just brings my excitement level up even more. I also started at 5 on my hand me down LT50, but dwindled out until I got into middle school and I picked it up again. It was something the whole family could enjoy, and I found many friends who enjoyed it too. Not every rides these days, but other than my family, riding is all I really care about. It is not a hobby to me.

2008 Honda TRX700XX
*Curtis Sparks X-6 Full Exhaust
*Power Commander V
*Pro Design Air Filter
*Elka Stage One Shocks
*Pro Taper Evo Bars
*Trail Tech Big Bar Clamp
*MSR Clutch Perch
*Powermadd Handguards
*ODI Rogue Grips
*IMS 5gal Tank
*Pro Armor XC Bumper
*PRM Full Skid Plates
*Maxxis Razr II Tires
*ITP Aluminum Rims

2007 Honda Rincon GPScape

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 24 Old 01-14-2012, 09:47 AM

Mines plain and simple. There are 2 things in life that get my undivided attention. The woods, and motors. Combine the 2 and you have an Atv. That would be at the core of why I ride. I do enjoy all the benefits I get from it. The adrenaline from steep hillclimbs, the speed, doing something you didn't think you could do. I am trying to make good habits for my son and try to get him into some good hobbies also.

MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^

post #4 of 24 Old 01-14-2012, 09:49 AM

To get away from the everyday life! Very relaxing to me.

08 700XX Black/Gray
01 90 Yerf Dog
post #5 of 24 Old 01-14-2012, 11:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
The simplest answer would be: Because I can.
But, there is more to it than a simple answer.

4 years ago, I went up to Washington to visit a friend and while I was up there, he took his family to a poker run. While at the poker run, I tried out his 450r and his daughter's 250ex. When I got home, I went out and bought myself a 300ex. I didn't intend to keep the 300ex long, just long enough to get used to riding. Before long (7-8 months) I wanted something faster and went out and got my 700xx and now I'm hooked. I'm 63 now and I ride FAST, not like you'd expect from someone my age. In 2012, I'll be racing in XC in SCCS. Not too bad for a 63yo right?

Riding and being able to keep pace with others half my age keeps me feeling young.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #6 of 24 Old 01-14-2012, 12:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to xx700xx
You pretty much named them all Jeff!

Pain heals, chicks dig scars and glory lasts forever!

My friends had atvs growing up and I never had one of my own. Now I'm kind of over compensating, haha. I'm a gear head, I love riding and working on these machines. I'd like to keep going and adding on to my skill set. I'm looking to possibly play around with porting next. Definitely an atv guy though. Started off on a $700 dirt bike that I bought in high school that wasn't running. I fixed it and rode the balls off it. I eventually got an atv and I'm not looking back!

Last edited by xx700xx; 01-14-2012 at 12:22 PM.
post #7 of 24 Old 01-14-2012, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
I race because no matter how bad things have gotten over the years, I always had two things. A start gate and a chequered flag. Between those two nothing else mattered. Couldn't answer my mobile, when the shit hit the fan at work and it did "often". Whether it be 2 minutes or 3 hours , this was my time and nature could throw it's best and it would never stop me from trying.

There's a part 2 of this and when I can figure how to put itn into words , I will do.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #8 of 24 Old 01-14-2012, 10:34 PM

I started on a yamaha 100 at 6yrs old.... never stopped...motors and speed have always had my attention..Its not simply adrenaline....When I ride nothing else matters, all the stress disapears.. the faster I go the more I focus and my mind quiets! AS an adult my entire family rides so theres nothing but fun memories and many more to be made... Teaching my niece and nephew to ride has been cool to pass along what I know.... My 12 yr old nephew learned to ride a manual clutch on my 700 this summer.... its not about where u ride...its who you ride with!
post #9 of 24 Old 01-15-2012, 09:04 AM

I too started riding at a young age of 7. Riding always provided a way to hang with buddies and enjoy the outdoors. Now as I get older, it provides a great stress reliever and a way to hang onto my youth.
post #10 of 24 Old 01-15-2012, 12:31 PM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I rode street machines for many years but decided that everyone was out to cut me off. Had some harrowing experiences but never got slammed. As years went by I took up running. Did that for 27 years until my knees went bad (pavement and desert). I love the desert and wanted to remain as close as possible to that so the quad became my only avenue. Got the 660 Grizzly in 2005 and rode it every opportunity. “The need for speed" hit me and so in 2008 came the 700XX. Love that machine for those days when that spirit hits me.
Well, there's my story.
Sid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode