whats first - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 02-20-2012, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
whats first

I just got a XX its an 09 with a dynajet programmer and a yoshi slip on' all the rest is stock except i put on a 13 tooth front sprocket. I came from a full race yfz450 so you can imagine it was a bit of a change however I could not be any happier I rode all day and was not even tired so now I'm torn as to what's next, as in nerfs, bumpers, armor, sway bar, tires etc.....

I love the machine just curious what's your opinion on my next move, whats the best bang for the buck, I'm gearing for an all around quad that can go from trails to dunes to fire roads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-21-2012, 05:21 AM

I would say tires and a l8ton sway bar. What are you running now for tires? I just switched to Razr2's all around and they made a big difference. I'm also running the 9/16 L8ton sway bar, big improvement in handling.

My next upgrade is a big 3 package followed by some new shocks. Still trying to decide on fox or elka.

Welcome to the club!!!

When in doubt... Punch it!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old 02-21-2012, 06:59 AM

Congrats on acquiring this new beast, if your looking for nice cheap nerf bars I highly recommend Alba racing ones, I picked up a set for 85$$ and couldnt be happier, as far as tires and rims, I'm running itps all the way around, front hole shots and rear razr2's

Welcome to the gang!

post #4 of 9 Old 02-21-2012, 03:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Garage
All the stuff mentioned above. And I'd get full skids, air filter, ehs lid, hand guards. then maybe a nice hd camera to share your videos with us! But alot has to do with what type of riding you do. Like if its all sand dunes or grassy fields, then no skids would be needed.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 Old 02-21-2012, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

i ride everywhere from boulders to water to sand so im thinking some armor might be first then tires (when mine wear out) then swaybar, I have been looking pretty heavy at the prm products they seem to be of good quality and they have very good support of the XX
post #6 of 9 Old 02-21-2012, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

Hey Mcb did you go with the 10" rim im a little torn on that i dont really want my quad to be any wider then it is, it was real hinderance with my YFZ everywhere except the track and wide open dunes, if you got into any trees at the dunes or two track it sucked so im thinking of staying with the 11" rear and getting some omf reinforced wheels
post #7 of 9 Old 02-22-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnell View Post
Hey Mcb did you go with the 10" rim im a little torn on that i dont really want my quad to be any wider then it is, it was real hinderance with my YFZ everywhere except the track and wide open dunes, if you got into any trees at the dunes or two track it sucked so im thinking of staying with the 11" rear and getting some omf reinforced wheels
I did end up going with the 10" rims and yeah it does get a bit wider. Haven't had any issues with that so far and the extra width is well worth it for the traction and handling.

I ride mostly tight wooded trails in Maine / New Hampshire. Hope this is helpful...

post #8 of 9 Old 02-22-2012, 05:07 PM

I'm also running pro armor skid plates front and back, that are holding up really well. I'm running the CCP steering damper which IMO is just as good as the more expensive ones.

post #9 of 9 Old 02-22-2012, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
The first thing you should get is a Honda workshop manual. You can download it here on this website for free or buy one for $30 in hardback. This will help you out on maintenance and answer alot of questions for someone new to the xx.

As for mods , tell me ya budget !

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode