Noobie Question- Big 3? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 02-26-2012, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Noobie Question- Big 3?

I tried to search but probably will am going to regret asking. What do you mean when you talk about the big 3? I'm assuming that you are talking about 3 things to change on the quad (exhaust, programmer, and air filter). Sorry for my inexperience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-26-2012, 06:59 PM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
trx700xxry,
Don't ever feel like you can't ask a question on this forum. I am not the authority on the Big 3 but can assure you your question will be answered with the dignity, reserve and respect it deserve. You hit the nail on the head when you assumed the Big 3 refers to the changing of the exhaust, the air filter and the integration of a programmer but, there is much more to it and without hesitation can assure you that many on this forum know all the fine details of this modification. Be patient and you will be well satisfied with the forthcoming information.
Respectfully,
Sid
post #3 of 5 Old 02-26-2012, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks Sid the the dignified response. I have been out of the atv world for over 15 yrs. At 14 yrs old I had my first and it was a 250r. A lot has change since then. When I was 18 I decided to sell it to get money for a car. I have regretted it ever since. I treasured any chance I could to go riding with friends. When I was given the opportunity to purchase my Trx 700 I jumped at the chance. This site is starting to be a great asset, I've learned a lot so far but need to learn more.

post #4 of 5 Old 02-27-2012, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
You are generally correct on the Big 3... Refers intake, exhaust and air/fuel mix. Within these general areas, there are various ways to mod each area. Example: Exhaust... You could add a full exhaust or a slip on... with a slip on you may not need to add a programmer to mod the air/fuel mix... With a full exhaust, you would. You can mod your intake in different ways as well... Different air filter... UNI, K&N, etc. You can also mod the air box lid or no lid at all. You can get many different brand of efi programmers... From the dobeck type like the EHS, HMF, FMF, etc. OR the Power Commander controllers, PCIII, PCV.

Might I recommend a Big 3 package from ONE dealer... all components together as a package. For that, I'd recommend EHS. You can get the EHS air box lid, EHS efi controller and Barker full exhaust. Just add in something like a UNI filter and you're set. Eric at EHS is great to work with and the EHS controller will come pre-set for the Barker exhaust.

I agree with Sid... there is no such thing as a dumb question and never be afraid to ask any question you want on this forum.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #5 of 5 Old 02-27-2012, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to crwh45
If someone criticizes you on a dumb question on here, ignore them as they are know it all's, not that there is any one here or anything lol. The best thing to do with the Big 3 as mentioned above, is think about what you are going to do to the quad. Such as, will you go into the engine for more mods? If so, then a Dobek probably isn't for you. If not, then a lot of people enjoy their EHS setup. If so, a PC3 or 5 is your best bet, as you can go to any authorized Dyno tester and they will be able to fine tune your set up. A big recommendation of mine is to do tires first, and then go from there. Some people save up and buy one thing at a time, and if you are to do the big three, and buy one thing at a time, the best thing to do is get the programmer first, as that is the limiting factor as Roadkill said when purchasing a full exhaust. Another thing people say is to get a sway bar or better shocks.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode