Clipped me a dirt bike - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 04-22-2012, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Clipped me a dirt bike

I crashed into a stopped dirt bike yesterday.... sent the bike and rider flying.

I was on a generally high speed trail at Hollister Hills SVRA and was WOT in 4th. Came around a turn and there was 2 dirt bikes stopped having a conversation right in the middle of the trail. No place for me to go and no time to stop... I locked up my brakes and slid my quad sideways. I hit one of the dirt bike's back tire with my back tire. No damage to me or my quad because it was rubber to rubber contact. The dirt bikers yelled at me saying that I'd have to pay for any damage to the dirt bike. I replied, no I won't... you were stopped blocking the trail... what did they think would happen if someone came around that turn. The arguing continued a bit till the ranger came up to see if everyone was OK... He saw the whole thing from his position on a hill in the shade. The ranger agreed with me that it was their fault.
Turns out, they were parked near me in the staging area and even their friends said they shouldn't have been stopped blocking the trail like that. I guess they won't do that again.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 04-22-2012, 11:33 AM

Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Garage
glad no one was hurt and, lol yea someone had to school the kids!

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 Old 04-22-2012, 12:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
See the same thing snowmobilng all the time, what are some people thinking...

post #4 of 13 Old 04-22-2012, 04:35 PM

also lucky the ranger was around to see it. hate it when people do that. I have had a few close calls from this type of situation.

08 Honda 700xx
Installed
11.0:1 CP Piston || +3 Throttle Body by Cuervo Racing || Web 290 Cam
HD Web Valve Springs || Hard Rockers || NGK BKR6EKPB-11 Laser Platinum spark plug
Modquad Air Flow System with K&N Filter || custom mounted trail tech vapor || Modified air box lid
DMC Afterburner full exhaust || EBC Dirt Racer Clutch Kit w/Cuervo Racing springs || PC3
Rear 22" Kenda Kutter XC tires || Rear 22" ITP Sand Star tires

Dyno Tuned by Cuervo Racing @ 53.82rwhp & 44tq
post #5 of 13 Old 04-22-2012, 07:26 PM

As a personal rule of mine, I never go fast on public land unless its wide open area. What if someone was wide open heading towards you and got in a head on collision at speed. Just a precautionary step I take. Glad no one was injured..

MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
post #6 of 13 Old 04-22-2012, 07:40 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to KTM265
Quote:
Originally Posted by traitor08 View Post
As a personal rule of mine, I never go fast on public land unless its wide open area. What if someone was wide open heading towards you and got in a head on collision at speed. Just a precautionary step I take. Glad no one was injured..
AMEN... save the WOT for the tracks. I take my boys riding with me, they have their own machines... I generally ride out front and they follow and when we have people coming fast I try to wave them to slow down for the little guys...most do but every now and then you get a @$$hole who keeps it pinned...I have had a few parking lot conversations with throttle jocks before...

Glad no one was hurt...that is never good cause the greenies just eat that up and use it to get our riding areas closed.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy Crap, What a Ride!"
post #7 of 13 Old 04-22-2012, 11:06 PM

See that around here every now and then. GET OUT OF THE TRAIL TO TALK.

That is all.

Mav

'08 XX *Sold*
13T, Alba Nerfs, DS450 shocks
post #8 of 13 Old 04-23-2012, 05:31 AM

Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Garage
I also try not to go to fast in public areas. The ones I ride in are two way traffic, and as courtesy most riders use hand signals to let you know how many more riders are with them. ie if there's 3 behind me, I'd hold 3 fingers, if I'm last it's a closed fist. Also when we pull over to take a break and bs we pull over, not just park in middle of trail! Now if some one breaks down or has accident, we flag traffic if at a blind corner.

For all we know roadkill was riding a one way trail, not riding wot hoping no one was coming the other way. Because that surely could have been far worse than finding parked riders in the trail. Weather it was a one way or 2 way trail, them 2 should now, know not to bs in the middle of the trail.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

Last edited by M_Quick; 04-23-2012 at 09:10 PM.
post #9 of 13 Old 04-23-2012, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Quick View Post
I also try not to go to fast in public areas. The ones I ride in are two way traffic, and as courtesy most riders use hand signals to let you know how many more riders are with them. ie if there's 3 behind me, I'd hold 3 fingers, if I'm last it's a closed fist. Also when we pull over to take a break a bs we pull over, not just park in middle of trail! Now if some one breaks down or has accident, we flag traffic if at a blind corner.

For all we know roadkill was riding a one way trail, not riding wot hoping no one was coming the other way. Because that surely could have been far worse than finding parked riders in the trail. Weather it was a one way or 2 way trail, them 2 should know now not to bs in the middle of the trail.
Correct... It was a one way trail as are 99% of the trails at Hollister. This particular trail is more of a road than a true trail and is in flatlands. I wait at the trail entrance for other riders to get to the other end before I make my run and there is no other point to enter the trail. I should not have been able to catch up with the dirt bikes because of their speed (they were not just putting around)

As for hand signals on 2 way trails, I highly agree that everyone should use them.

I guess that you'd have to know this particular trail to understand why it's generally safe to go WOT. If anyone ever goes to Hollister Hills SVRA, it's called Rancho Road.

roadkill

"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters

post #10 of 13 Old 04-24-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Quick View Post
....as courtesy most riders use hand signals to let you know how many more riders are with them. ie if there's 3 behind me, I'd hold 3 fingers, if I'm last it's a closed fist. ...
It reminds me when I was a noob and drove first time on ATV trail up north in MI, as I passed other riders I would just show my whole hand to say "hi" because they did similar thing.
Later on I figured out they meant something else lol
I guess they were very surprised passing me, expecting 5 more atvs and there were none lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode