Court tomorrow (again) - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-13-2012, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
pissed Court tomorrow (again)

Oh Goody… I get to go court tomorrow…. AGAIN!

Fricking law suit has been going on for almost 3 years now.

Thing is, it’s a personal injury law suit… Guy claims he slipped and fell on our front steps… Except he had not been a client here for 6 weeks before he claims he slipped. No one saw him here that day, he has no witnesses, he did not report an accident to us that day. Even so, we do not own this property, we rent. I think his attorney was hoping to get a quick settlement offer from an insurance company… just for writing a couple letters. Lawyer doesn’t get any money unless they win. Not gonna happen! Under California law, you cannot sue a tenant for something that’s the property owner’s domain. They are suing me, not the property owner… and I won’t tell them who that is. They are also trying to use building codes that became law in 1992…. but my place was built in 1913 and does meet building codes of that era. It’s been going on so long because they keep postponing the trial… their client keeps going to jail and isn’t in court the day he’s supposed to be there. I know he’s in jail again and won’t be there tomorrow and they will probably ask for another continuance… for which I will object. This comes with the territory (being sued) when you run an alcohol and drug facility. I’ve been sued 6 times since 1999 and have a 6-0 record. I just want this shit to be over.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-13-2012, 11:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
People are always looking for easy money. Keep doing the legal crap and when its over buy another xx for a victory gift...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
post #3 of 7 Old 05-13-2012, 12:20 PM

Holy hell! Stick it up his ass!

Nevermind, someone is doing that in jail already.

Mav

'08 XX *Sold*
13T, Alba Nerfs, DS450 shocks

post #4 of 7 Old 05-15-2012, 04:00 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to KTM265
Turn the tables and drop a suit on him for attorney fees and your time away from the office...

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy Crap, What a Ride!"
post #5 of 7 Old 05-15-2012, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM265 View Post
Turn the tables and drop a suit on him for attorney fees and your time away from the office...
I would, except.... He's in and out of jail and doesn't have any money for me to collect if I won.

Court went well. I got to hear the judge dismiss his case against my business AND drag his attorney over the coals for not being ready after over 2 1/2 years.

You'd think this would be over now, but it's not. They amended their complaint to include the property management company I pay my rent to. But, they don't own the property either, they only represent the owners and collect the rent. The actual owner is a Trust and I'm one of the trustees. But I won't tell them that... let them waste their time going around in circles. They have to basically start over, each time they add a defendant to their complaint... another 2 years trying to sue the property management company and then start over again trying to sue the Trust... another 2 years. I don't think his attorney will hang till the end because they don't get paid anything unless they win a settlement for their client. At some point, I think they'll decide to cut their losses and bail out.

roadkill

"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters

post #6 of 7 Old 05-18-2012, 10:33 AM

Good lord....That's just crazy stupid. Congrats to you....for the most part.

Mav

'08 XX *Sold*
13T, Alba Nerfs, DS450 shocks
post #7 of 7 Old 05-18-2012, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMav View Post
Good lord....That's just crazy stupid. Congrats to you....for the most part.

Mav
You know what the funniest part of this all is? His attorney could've asked ONE question 2 years ago and avoided going around in circles.

On the stand, they could've asked me... "Do you know who owns the property"? But, they didn't... so screw them. I guess they're not very smart.

This makes my record in court 7-0 now.

roadkill

R. Waters

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode