To take a jump or not - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-16-2012, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
headscratch To take a jump or not

I'm kinda amazed that when some riders have others nipping at their heels in a race, they choose to take a jump and loose speed in the air resulting in getting passed. I watched this time and time again in last season's XC event at Wilseyville, CA.

I refer to a situation like in the attached picture... Guy on the right (in air) thought he was bad ass and took the jump... only to get passed by the guy on the left who took a shallow line and stayed in contact with the ground a blew by the other guy. Funny thing is, the guy in the air was in a higher class and he got passed by a novice class rider.

Going back to same race location this weekend for Round 2 of this season's SCCS XC race.

roadkill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg r8-35.jpg (119.2 KB, 81 views)

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-23-2012, 06:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have seen the same thing before.... happens all the time... thts pretty bad if u get passed by someone in a lower class then you lol

FEAR is the only FAILURE...SO PINN IT!!!!!!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 Old 05-23-2012, 10:13 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Probably saw a guy with a camera and decided to give a little show. I know I have done some stupid things when I first started racing and I knew a camera was nearby....

Doug

2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
(BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2015 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
2005 TRX450R
1986 TRX250R

post #4 of 6 Old 05-24-2012, 09:12 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm doing my very first race this weekend and I hope I have an opportunity like that.

Shonie

Heckle: 2008 TRX 700xx - Lexx Slip-on, Lexx Programmer,K&N Air Filter, Alba Nerf Bars, Honda Racing Skid Plates

Jeckle: 2008 TRX 700xx - AC Racing Full Exhaust, EHS Programmer, K&N Air Filter, Honda Racing Skid Plates, Alba Nerf Bars, K&N Air Filter
post #5 of 6 Old 05-24-2012, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Bergstrom View Post
Probably saw a guy with a camera and decided to give a little show. I know I have done some stupid things when I first started racing and I knew a camera was nearby....

Doug
I was the guy with the camera and that is one of the pics I took. My real job at that location was to control/stop traffic because that jump is across the site entry road. Never seem to have my camera ready when I see stupid things... Example: My buddy who races in Expert forgot to have his key to "on" when they dropped the flag on his race.... Then, when he'd made up most of the spots he lost on that crappy start, he finished 2nd, THEN rolled his quad trying to do a donut after the finish line.

roadkill

"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters

post #6 of 6 Old 05-29-2012, 07:00 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
I would jump it if the landing was smooth. Cutting a few bumps in a 3 hour race compared to a smooth landing , bit of a no brainer. Add a camera man then "Hell Yes". Surprising how fast a camera man can run when it goes wrong! Deer in headlights !

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode