Basic advice - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 06-05-2012, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Basic advice

I think a little basic advice is in order for new 700xx owners.

Because our quad is different from other quads out there, many so called quad experts really don’t have a clue when it comes to our quad and what works and what doesn’t work.
Even parts dealers usually don’t have a clue… This is not to say that this is true of ALL parts dealers. Some like EHS, L8ton, Precision Racing and Teixeira Tech do know our machine, but most parts places don’t.
BEWARE of phrases like: “These should work”… This is just a way of saying that they don’t have a clue and are guessing.
Examples: Rear rims, tires, tethered kill switches… And on tethered kill switches, most out there are Normally Open (NO) type and they may say that they can be used as NO or NC. But most of these require an install kit and refer you to Pro Armor (I think) for the install kit. But, guess what, Pro Armor doesn’t sell an install kit for our quad. Best would be to get the proper type of kill switch in the first place… Normally Closed (NC)… But these are harder to find, but a new owner won’t know this and waste a lot of time following the yellow brick road.

What I’m trying to say is to encourage others you run across on a 700xx to become members here. No one knows our machine and what works better than we do. Simple as that! We are by no means “experts” but we know our machine.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Sid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
roadkill,
Excellent advice!
Sid
post #3 of 6 Old 06-05-2012, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well said !!!!

Honda's #1 baby!!!!!!!!!

post #4 of 6 Old 06-05-2012, 05:53 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
I run a Gunnar kill switch which is made in Sweden. It was expensive to me and maybe more expensive to you guys but I do remember it was for a TRX300ex. If this helps.

As for basic advice , I would let the new members ask ,what they think is a dumb question. Even I was there in June 2009. There's never a dumb question and I hope ,I can help them. That has always been my goal!

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-05-2012, 06:40 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just recently got my 700xx at the beginning of this year i didnt know my head from my butt when i got it well lets be honest i still dont lol if it wasnt for you guys on here helping me when i ask questions i would still be scratching my head and looking at it so this is my thanks to everyone that has help and sold me parts that i needed like crash21ehs programmer,dl700 for my third taillight lol and rastled for the stock exhaust i bought from him so guys thank you i have enjoyed being a member of this forum

2011 Honda CBR 250r:full two brothers exhaust,red underglos
post #6 of 6 Old 06-06-2012, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
I run a Gunnar kill switch which is made in Sweden. It was expensive to me and maybe more expensive to you guys but I do remember it was for a TRX300ex. If this helps.

As for basic advice , I would let the new members ask ,what they think is a dumb question. Even I was there in June 2009. There's never a dumb question and I hope ,I can help them. That has always been my goal!
But, many 700xx owners don't know about the forum. The idea is to let everyone you see on a 700xx that we are here to come on and ask away. A general ATV forum is NOT the best place to get specific answers for our quad. I've been looking around at a Honda ATV forum and even that is mostly Honda 4x4 riders... not many sport quad riders and fewer 700xx riders.

And for members to ask what they may think is a dumb question, they must first know we are here and become members.

BTW - Lee, I also run the Gunnar kill switch. Very easy install.

roadkill

"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode