Street legal trx700rr texas, it can be done! - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 06-29-2012, 02:23 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
pissed Street legal trx700rr texas, it can be done!

Did some research, Found that if you modify the frame a wee bit, along with the fairings, and some vin number swaping (use the vin from a sport bike for the frame). Put signals, a horn, and street tires and boom your done. Next thing you do is go to your Texas DMV and ask for an "ASSEMBLED TITLE". This is where making the TRX look like a sport bike with 4 wheels is your best bet. The DMV personel will check out your "BIKE", the vin on the frame, and then make sure its all up to par for street legal laws. Then after that if you check good (which you should) they will issues a title. Once you get the title you can change it back to looking like a trx cause the hard part is over all you would have to do after that is tag the atv and your in good shape. In all, it would probably be a weeks worth of work, and then you can drive where ever when ever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 06-29-2012, 02:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
That's pretty cool.. you gonna do it?
post #3 of 14 Old 06-29-2012, 04:37 PM

In theory it sounds awesome! But what would you have to do to the frame? Also unless you actually do it you dont know what the DMV will do. If get it done Id be interested to try!

Port and Polishing w/ +1 Valves by Illinois Powersports
11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 14 Old 06-29-2012, 07:01 PM

Garage
oops

Shouldn't this be in the "How to" section ?

Happy trails..........
Priesty.

2008 700xx,
LTR front shocks, ccp damper, Fasst flexx bars, 13t front cog, Lexx slip-on & controller, K&N filter, L8ton 9/16" swaybar, Pro armor nerfs & skids, Texiera front upper arms, IMS tank, Maier plastics (Red), HCC custom seat cover.

My Flickr sets:

post #5 of 14 Old 06-29-2012, 08:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Garage
has yet to be done, so probably not ready for the how to.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #6 of 14 Old 07-02-2012, 02:06 AM Thread Starter

Yes i plan on doing this. I Am certain with some creativity i can get it done no prob. the easiest way to do it would be to get a wrecked CBR, something cheap. Strip the VIN off the TRX frame, and replace it with the CBR VIN. Then you want to get your hands on a cheap set of CBR fairings. MOD them enough that they fit temporarily on your TRX. Which means remove your TRX plastics and put the CBR one on. (like i said, it will take some modding) The idea is to make your trx look like a sport bike on 4 wheels just long enough to title, inspect, and tag it. Once you get it all that done, you can swap it back to trx plastics. O forgot, you need turn signals front and back. SO, if you can get a wrecked donor bike with signals you are in good shape. Texas for those of you that dont know, has a law that states that if a vehical is title for off road use, you cant drive it on road UNLESS it is in the commission of a farm activity. Obvisously if im crusing the streets of ABILENE or DALLAS, im not feeding cattle. THE whole idea i pitched to the folks at the DMV is that i have a sportbike, and im modding it to be street legal 4 wheeler. So on those terms, I was told that it is 100% do able, and i wouldnt be the first person that has done this (mod'd a sport bike into a 4 wheeler) lol but im actually kind of doing it backwards. BUT HELL IF IT WORKS, ILL BE HAPPY.
post #7 of 14 Old 07-02-2012, 08:31 AM

So, what would be the repercussions of switching VIN numbers? I've never heard of that being done. It would be cool to do.

2008 Honda TRX700XX
*Curtis Sparks X-6 Full Exhaust
*Power Commander V
*Pro Design Air Filter
*Elka Stage One Shocks
*Pro Taper Evo Bars
*Trail Tech Big Bar Clamp
*MSR Clutch Perch
*Powermadd Handguards
*ODI Rogue Grips
*IMS 5gal Tank
*Pro Armor XC Bumper
*PRM Full Skid Plates
*Maxxis Razr II Tires
*ITP Aluminum Rims

2007 Honda Rincon GPScape

post #8 of 14 Old 07-02-2012, 04:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBGILL06 View Post
So, what would be the repercussions of switching VIN numbers? I've never heard of that being done. It would be cool to do.
I think anyone that know's much about bikes, and pull's him over that will be the end of that. Impound lot and the whole 9 yards.Cause it will obviously not be a CBR like title says...Just my opinion. Tricking the young girl at the dmv is one thing, but the State trooper is another.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #9 of 14 Old 07-03-2012, 03:59 AM Thread Starter

It wont actually be titled as a "CBR" it would be titled as an "ASSEMBLED MOTORCYCLE" or something to that effect. Because it not actually a CBR, and just the frame is "CBR" related. As for tricking a statey, 9 times out of 10 if you not doing anything dumb and obeying the law, and your "bike" is tagged, they wont stop you. plus if its titled, and tagged legally, there really isnt much a statey can do. The main key, know your laws and know your rights, even when they telll you your wrong, KNOW that you are not. REPROCUSIONS FOR SWITCHING VINS: Not sure, i would assume if you dont own a car and you swap vins from it, that would be bad. But if you own the vehicals out right, like you woul in my senerio, along with pulling parts and moding and things of that nature. I cant see why it would have any legal recoil.
post #10 of 14 Old 07-03-2012, 04:37 AM

switching the vin number an a vehicle is a minimum of a misdemeanor crime in all states, and a felony is some. just fyi.

08 Honda 700xx
Installed
11.0:1 CP Piston || +3 Throttle Body by Cuervo Racing || Web 290 Cam
HD Web Valve Springs || Hard Rockers || NGK BKR6EKPB-11 Laser Platinum spark plug
Modquad Air Flow System with K&N Filter || custom mounted trail tech vapor || Modified air box lid
DMC Afterburner full exhaust || EBC Dirt Racer Clutch Kit w/Cuervo Racing springs || PC3
Rear 22" Kenda Kutter XC tires || Rear 22" ITP Sand Star tires

Dyno Tuned by Cuervo Racing @ 53.82rwhp & 44tq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode