post #181 of 213 Old 08-30-2016, 04:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Hatfield Mccoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Quick View Post
I did it for more top end! From a stand still on level ground this quad will pull 2nd gear with no gas easy, Unlike the factory quad, at least I know mine wouldn't hold a idle in 1st with the 14t. With the motor work done on this quad it lugs quit well in 2nd, and with a 15t I figure it will save on the motor over working plus I can use 1st gear now!

I will be going to West Virginia Labor day weekend, and then again the 3rd weekend in Sept. I usually try to go back later in the fall towards the end of October as well. I haven't been going much this year since my Grand Mother passed. Will you be going to H&M trails in Oct?
I'm hoping to go that 3rd wknd in September (16-20).
What trails are you thinking of riding?
I'm new to the forum, and new to the 700xx.
I grew up on ATC's, and am an experienced, but not advanced, rider on my 400ex and Scrambler 500 4x4.
I like to ride what I consider fast, but have no idea how that compares to others.
Not sure how steep my learning curve will be on riding IRS.

"If it Ain't Broke, Fix it 'till it Is!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 213 Old 08-30-2016, 05:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
I'm hoping to go that 3rd wknd in September (16-20).
What trails are you thinking of riding?
I'm new to the forum, and new to the 700xx.
I grew up on ATC's, and am an experienced, but not advanced, rider on my 400ex and Scrambler 500 4x4.
I like to ride what I consider fast, but have no idea how that compares to others.
Not sure how steep my learning curve will be on riding IRS.
I have family in WV. I have
never been on the H&M trail system. We just ride all the outlaw trails in the area. They live a half hour from Williamson. I just can't see paying to ride in a state that is full of trails from the loggers and gas company. Plus the state parks there have tons of riding areas available as well. Rumor say's Cabway Lingo State Park is being sold, to log it out!

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #183 of 213 Old 09-09-2016, 12:48 PM

Garage
Finally received my 700xx, last night at 10pm!
Went on brief intro ride.
Today:
Found puddle of fuel on floor, luckily just tightened clamp on fuel hose from auxiliary tank.
Install exhaust wrap and heat shield.
Install PRM Rear A Arm Guards.
Install EHS Airbox Lid.
HAVE FUN!

post #184 of 213 Old 09-09-2016, 12:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Today:
Found puddle of fuel on floor, luckily just tightened clamp on fuel hose from auxiliary tank.

?? You have an auxiliary gas tank?? Lucky you, I've been putting off on purchasing the IMS 4.8 gal. Tank just cause its still so pricy.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #185 of 213 Old 09-10-2016, 01:31 PM

Garage
Thanks!
I got lucky on my purchase. Quad already pretty loaded, IMS Tank and the Auxiliary Tank that mounts in at the grab bar.
Have some gas seepage either from the cap or under the mounting flange of the fill neck.
Trying to figure out which.
Might just put some silicone gasket maker under the flange to see if that stops it.
I tried to post pics, but they wouldn't upload.

post #186 of 213 Old 09-11-2016, 07:20 PM

Garage
I wish prm still made that rear tank for our quads. Someone posted a used one on here for sale earlier this year, but only wanted to sale locally.

post #187 of 213 Old 09-15-2016, 09:36 PM

Garage
That sucks. Maybe shipping a tank that once had fuel in it is problematic.
post #188 of 213 Old 09-15-2016, 09:42 PM

Garage
Finally installed PRM Rear A Arm Guards.
All I had to do was:
Chase the threads on 3 of the 4 holes on right side,
Remove a broken bolt, and chase threads on 2 bolt holes on left side,
Trim the underbelly skid plate on the sides where it interefered with A Arm Guards,
And then just put in the 8 bolts.
So easy! ;-)
Just like every project!
post #189 of 213 Old 09-16-2016, 11:44 AM

Garage
Damn I guess that's why I'm waiting on the rear Honda skids for my 2nd quad.

post #190 of 213 Old 09-16-2016, 07:58 PM

Garage
Yeh, nothing I ever try to do, goes simply. Always have to take a few steps backwards.

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode