What did you do to the XX today? - Page 2 - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 213 Old 08-06-2012, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No just some cheap paint. I know it won't last forever. Will redo it again when needed. I do need new tires, but may wear those down a little more. As for the scrapers I will pull them off. I don't ride much mud anyway. Thanks for the tip!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 213 Old 08-06-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easystreet View Post
No just some cheap paint. I know it won't last forever. Will redo it again when needed. I do need new tires, but may wear those down a little more. As for the scrapers I will pull them off. I don't ride much mud anyway. Thanks for the tip!
Those tires still have plenty of life left in them. I love stock tires.

2008 Honda TRX700XX
*Curtis Sparks X-6 Full Exhaust
*Power Commander V
*Pro Design Air Filter
*Elka Stage One Shocks
*Pro Taper Evo Bars
*Trail Tech Big Bar Clamp
*MSR Clutch Perch
*Powermadd Handguards
*ODI Rogue Grips
*IMS 5gal Tank
*Pro Armor XC Bumper
*PRM Full Skid Plates
*Maxxis Razr II Tires
*ITP Aluminum Rims

2007 Honda Rincon GPScape

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 213 Old 08-08-2012, 04:21 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Changing engine oil and filter. There's got to be an easier way.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.

post #14 of 213 Old 08-08-2012, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

Depending on how crazy I go with my winter build, mine may look like that too. If I can find a stroker crank it will be a definite. Thats a good idea to set it on blocks with a drain pan below. Its shocking how much oil is still in these after a full drain.
Must be your first time huh? lol
post #15 of 213 Old 08-08-2012, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Stroker crank is or will be a custom build. The xx uses a very short rod compared the XR650r. Probably one of the shortest rods known to man.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #16 of 213 Old 08-08-2012, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
i am trying to diagnose why mine wont bust off as quick as it did with less than 100 hrs on it. it has 300hrs on it now,and never had a valve check for cleareance, imagine its about time ,maybe new rings too, and inspect the head.gonna do compression check and check valves first i guess.i cant complain with 300hrs and needing maybe a little top end work.

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #17 of 213 Old 08-08-2012, 07:47 PM

tbird88 I would really look at your valves and valve seats as well as checking your cylinder to make sure it is not worn out, these things can make the bike loss power very easily. I work on cars for a living and I know that in racing applications valves can take alot of abuse and not seat correctly or start to pull into the seat not allowing them to seal and allow compression to be lost. Also be sure to check the valve clearance before you disassemble it, it may give you some indications of your problem before you do your disassembly. If your valve clearance is tight then the valves may be pulled into the seats. If they are lose then you could have valve tip wear or rocker arm wear. Good diagnosis before disassembly always makes things easier then hoping after your reassembly that everything is going to work.

2008 700XX - OMF Beadlocks w/Billet Centers & Reinforcement Rings, Kenda Kutters, CCP Steering Stabilizer, ASV F3 Levers, ODI Rouge lock-on grips, Houser Bounce Nerf Bars, Pro Armor skid pad, UNI Filter
2007 400EX - CCP Steering Stabilizer, GT Thunder 450R Shocks, 450R Rear Brake Conversion, YFZ450 Front Brake Conversion, ProTaper Bars, Rath Racing Nerf Bars, Alba Elite Bumper, ASV F3 Levers, ODI Rouge lock-on grips, UNI Filter, Kenda Kutters, Pro Armor skid pad, Armadillo Swing Arm skid pad
post #18 of 213 Old 08-08-2012, 10:55 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ba9801 View Post
tbird88 I would really look at your valves and valve seats as well as checking your cylinder to make sure it is not worn out, these things can make the bike loss power very easily. I work on cars for a living and I know that in racing applications valves can take alot of abuse and not seat correctly or start to pull into the seat not allowing them to seal and allow compression to be lost. Also be sure to check the valve clearance before you disassemble it, it may give you some indications of your problem before you do your disassembly. If your valve clearance is tight then the valves may be pulled into the seats. If they are lose then you could have valve tip wear or rocker arm wear. Good diagnosis before disassembly always makes things easier then hoping after your reassembly that everything is going to work.
ba i appreciate the advice.

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #19 of 213 Old 08-22-2012, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Just tried a spray wax on my plastics. Used Meguires Ultimate Spray Wax. Bottle says it can be applied to paint, plastics, headlights etc. It went on easy and looks good, but gave the plastics a static charge. Won't use it again. Makes your hair stand up. Not a good idea in dusty conditions.
post #20 of 213 Old 08-27-2012, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Made a PVC tube tool box today. Anyone else do this? I made a 2" x 12" then decided I wanted bigger, so made a 3" x 12". Just gonna wire tie it on under the rear grab bar. There is a natural curve there for it to nestle. Will get some pics up in a moment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode