Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

At times, I hate San Francisco

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  RedRooster 
#1 ·
Times like this weekend. This weekend there is a 3 day music and art festival in my end of Golden Gate Park... Metallica, Neil Young, Foo Fighters and about 30 other bands/groups. The problem is that this is going to be about a block from my house and with over 30,000 people, they will need some place to park. This means they'll all be flooding into my neighborhood to look for parking... they take ALL the parking including in front of driveways. I expect to have a few cars towed over the weekend for blocking MY driveway... and I don't care, it's their own fault for parking as they do. :birds:

roadkill

#2 ·
This weekend is the New West Fest here in Fort Collins. They close the streets in downtown and set up multiple stages. Its a great time. I live in Old Town 8 blocks away. People don't park as far as my house though. Its great living within walking distance of downtown square and CSU. Walk to all the bars and parties and not worry about a DUI later.

An old riding buddy is coming up from Denver to party tomorrow night. He went and told his wife about the festival and how big of a party it is, now she is coming because she don't trust us to behave. WTF dude!

#5 ·
Thanks for the idea Lee. I can make my own spike strips but C4 may be a problem... unless you have some to "loan" me.

roadkill

#6 ·
Times like this weekend. This weekend there is a 3 day music and art festival in my end of Golden Gate Park... Metallica, Neil Young, Foo Fighters and about 30 other bands/groups. The problem is that this is going to be about a block from my house and with over 30,000 people, they will need some place to park. This means they'll all be flooding into my neighborhood to look for parking... they take ALL the parking including in front of driveways. I expect to have a few cars towed over the weekend for blocking MY driveway... and I don't care, it's their own fault for parking as they do. :birds:

roadkill
at least the temperatures are comfortable all year in your area compared to the rest!:xx:

#8 ·
It was funny Sunday. 2 cars were towed while I was gone and I had another car towed when I got home for blocking me IN my driveway... Turns out it was someone visiting one of my tenants... 10 minutes later her car was gone when she came out. She was pissed because she said I knew who's car it was and all I had to do was knock on the door and she would've moved. But, why should I have to do anything like that just to use my own driveway. Besides she's been warned many times not to park there... this time it'll cost her to get her car out of impound. Perhaps she'll have learned NOT to block my driveway now. I kinda felt like hooking my tow strap to the car and pulling it into the middle of the street.

As for nice weather... it's been in low 50s and foggy here and over 105 inland.

roadkill

#9 ·
Get with a local reputable towing company and see if they have a few company signs that you can post on both sides of your property or driveway. Nothing large just small readable signs that mention blocking driveway access and some local code or law that supports it. That way people will think twice before parking. If not then spike strips and some C-4 like baxter said. Sorry I can't give you any of mine used it all up for fishing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.