Need a better forum - ? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 Old 09-28-2012, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sad Need a better forum - ?

Anyone here that has found a better forum for discussing your XX please share! I am starting to lose hope here. I'm in no way trying to be disrespectful. Just am coming to the conclusion that there is only about ten active users here. Makes it tough when you have in depth questions.

Hoping to get suggestions on a forum with members who do lots of wrenching.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 Old 09-28-2012, 11:40 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
You understand this quad was only made for two years, right? Not going to see the same amount of discussion as something like a Yamaha or Honda 450, there is just not that many of them out there. Case in point, next time you go riding, count the number of 700XX's you see, I bet only one or two at the most. I can't even remember the last time I saw another one.

As far as another 700XX forum, Atvriders has a 700XX sub-forum, but it is not active at all, the last post was made over two months ago. There was another 700XX specific site, but I can't recall the name, don't even know if it is still around. I know this site was much more active then that one also.

What kind of discussion are you looking for? I will say one thing, any question you have can be answered here, just may take a little time to get that answer. Not everyone can be on the forum 24/7.

Doug

2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
(BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2015 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
2005 TRX450R
1986 TRX250R
post #3 of 54 Old 09-29-2012, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
[QUOTE=easystreet;110193]Anyone here that has found a better forum for discussing your XX please share! I am starting to lose hope here. I'm in no way trying to be disrespectful. Just am coming to the conclusion that there is only about ten active users here. Makes it tough when you have in depth questions.

Hoping to get suggestions on a forum with members who do lots of wrenching.
[

UOTE]
there isnt any more 700xx forums out there that i know of. this is the best and only one in my opinion. sounds like to me if your quad is acting up that bad its time to take it to the honda shop or go to somebody like DL or EHS,these members on here cant work on your quad.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 54 Old 09-29-2012, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Doug, I do understand that its a narrow market for the XX. I became a member here before I had even bought mine. So, I sort of knew it was low in popularity and conversation. Just curious if anyone is having better luck on a generic Honda or atv forum. Lots of questions don't have to be answered specifically by a XX owner.

tbird88, My quad is not acting up so bad that I would take it to a dealer or mechanic. I'd put a bullet in her before I went that route. Part of my pleasure in this sport comes from doing my own mods and repairs. I rarely pay anyone to do something for me rather its on my quad, cars, or house. We're becoming a society of men who can't fix anything, build anything, hunt for food or grow a fruit or vegetable. I have a different approach to life than that.

I hope that I shouldn't take the (nuts) smiley rolling his eyes that I am viewed by you as nuts for wanting to do my own repairs and asking opinions on it. Thats precisely what these forums are for!

My last quad was an '09 Raptor 700. With a few questions on the raptor forum I was able to do a full tear down build myself, including:
Spilt cases, install +5 stroker crank, hone cylinder, CP piston, St.3 cam, P&P head, +3 TB, FCI intake, PCV and dual exhaust.
Would have cost probably $1,000 - $1,500 in labor for that. No thanks!
post #5 of 54 Old 09-29-2012, 10:49 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
You're looking at THE DEFINITIVE 700XX forum. There are no others (unless you consider this.. see how many questions you get answered here.. http://www.trx700xx.net/forum ).

You're welcome for giving Club700XX to you.
post #6 of 54 Old 09-29-2012, 11:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
You're looking at THE DEFINITIVE 700XX forum. There are no others (unless you consider this.. see how many questions you get answered here.. http://www.trx700xx.net/forum ).

Only thing about that forum i like is the back round.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #7 of 54 Old 09-29-2012, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post

I bought a dinosaur. Its my fault. I love the quad, just disappointed there is such little active interest. I am used to a very different scene.

Back when I first joined there was a thread started that it was dead around here. I jumped in and tried to show support and enthusiasm. Starting to see the reality now. Hate on me if you want. I just wish there were more people on here sharing info and experiences.

Admin, if you're all pissed off, ban me if you feel the need. Whats one less!
post #8 of 54 Old 09-29-2012, 11:43 PM

I try to check in at this site every couple days. I answer what I can but I have only had this bike a couple months so far. I have had quads for years so I am always willing to help. I am on a yfm350 forum, blaster forum, raptor forum as well as exriders.com

I have 3 quads and tons of friends with quads that I am always helping them fix. Some quads just have more interest then others and as this is a 700XX forum and not a Honda specific forum there will only be so much activity. Maybe in the future we will get luck and Honda will start building these again. That would open up the market for parts and more discussion of these great quads.

I think the members here try to help and answer questions, it just may not happen in 5 minutes like the Raptor forum or exriders.

2008 700XX - OMF Beadlocks w/Billet Centers & Reinforcement Rings, Kenda Kutters, CCP Steering Stabilizer, ASV F3 Levers, ODI Rouge lock-on grips, Houser Bounce Nerf Bars, Pro Armor skid pad, UNI Filter
2007 400EX - CCP Steering Stabilizer, GT Thunder 450R Shocks, 450R Rear Brake Conversion, YFZ450 Front Brake Conversion, ProTaper Bars, Rath Racing Nerf Bars, Alba Elite Bumper, ASV F3 Levers, ODI Rouge lock-on grips, UNI Filter, Kenda Kutters, Pro Armor skid pad, Armadillo Swing Arm skid pad
post #9 of 54 Old 09-29-2012, 11:44 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by easystreet View Post
I bought a dinosaur. Its my fault. I love the quad, just disappointed there is such little active interest. I am used to a very different scene.

Back when I first joined there was a thread started that it was dead around here. I jumped in and tried to show support and enthusiasm. Starting to see the reality now. Hate on me if you want. I just wish there were more people on here sharing info and experiences.

Admin, if you're all pissed off, ban me if you feel the need. Whats one less!
LOL Are you serious? There is ton's on shared information here, and twice as much experiences shared. You may just have to look back in older threads. If you have read through all the how too's and everything else here, in your short time of being a member I truly fell sorry for you. Maybe like said before most members in this forum are out riding and doing other things. I shouldn't be on here myself this late at night, cause I'm going on a ride tomorrow, at Wayne National Forest! Summer time is busy for a lot of people stick around it may pick up some after the weather turns shity around most of the US.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #10 of 54 Old 09-29-2012, 11:54 PM

Garage
Even now this late at night we have.
Currently Active Users: 144 (7 members and 137 guests)

So we have lots more lookers. And they are probably finding good info here is my guess.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode