User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 10-10-2012, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Where did you race/ride last time out ?

Being a "Brit" racing and riding is limited. I love to see where you guys and girls ride. If you race tell me the result, good or bad I would just like to know. If riding with friends ,you always have a view that takes you're breathe away.Please post.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 10-10-2012, 07:32 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Well, since you asked!
My nephew and I just finished a 3 day weekend of riding. We drove over 600 miles in Pennsylvania from just outside of Philadelphia out to Snow Shoe Pa where we rode www.ssrt.org and met up with some friends. Unfortunately we only rode 40 miles or so until the Brute Force snapped the belt, thankfully we were no more than a quarter mile from our trucks when it let go. Just as luck would have it, the guys brother in law was coming from New Jersey that evening and was able to pick up a replacement that night and was installed first thing Saturday morning. Yes! We drank a lot of beer that night.

Saturday we went to Rock Run ATV park http://www.rockrunrecreation.com/?As...ookieSupport=1 which is west of Penn State and north of Pittsburgh, Pa for a meet up with forum members from www.atvingpa.com and we rode there all day. We had 10 gigantic Porter House Steaks on the grill that night with some venison and YES, we drank more beer that night.

Sunday morning we got up at 6:00 a.m. and we all headed back toward home but stopped and rode at a 25 mile benefit ride ( http://atvingpa.com/forums/ubbthread...topics/23459/1 ) a childrens hospital in the Pocono mountains near Shamokin Pa. The site we rode at is a site that is currently being redeveloped into a off road/atv park ( http://www.anthraciteadventure.com ) which is exactly what Rock Run is that we rode at the day before.

Needless to say we were exhausted by the time we got home Sunday night but it was a great weekend.

THE DOG

2008 Honda Trx700xx
2007 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4
2009 Raptor 90
2005 Polaris 50
post #3 of 14 Old 10-13-2012, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Johannesburg mine dumps. Big holes, big dusty roads for heavy trucks, duuuunes...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fotos del Iphone 145.jpg (46.2 KB, 16 views)

post #4 of 14 Old 10-15-2012, 09:37 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Baxter,

I haven't done much riding since breaking my leg on my 700 back in May. But prior to my accident, I did a lot of riding here in Norther Arizona. I'm also part of the search and rescue team here in our area. here are few pictures of some of our rides. You can go to my Flickr page and view a heck of a lot more photos of our riding out here. Just follow the links.

Shonie

My Flickr Photo Sets

Set One
Set Two
Set Three
Set Four

Also before my accident I started a little video project called "Riding the Rez". You can view these on YouTube.

(this one was the last ride I did before I had my accident. I actually had the accident on this track)

Heckle: 2008 TRX 700xx - Lexx Slip-on, Lexx Programmer,K&N Air Filter, Alba Nerf Bars, Honda Racing Skid Plates

Jeckle: 2008 TRX 700xx - AC Racing Full Exhaust, EHS Programmer, K&N Air Filter, Honda Racing Skid Plates, Alba Nerf Bars, K&N Air Filter
post #5 of 14 Old 10-15-2012, 02:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Africa View Post
Johannesburg mine dumps. Big holes, big dusty roads for heavy trucks, duuuunes...
wow that looks amazing, I can't wait for you to start posting video's of that area.

And Shonie777 I was hoping you were all healed up by now. Also amazing area that you ride in..

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

Last edited by M_Quick; 10-15-2012 at 02:47 PM.
post #6 of 14 Old 10-15-2012, 05:39 PM

shonie that place in northern arizona is beautiful wish i could come out there sometime and ride! really beautiful country out there !

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #7 of 14 Old 10-15-2012, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
OK , STOPPIN THIS THREAD !lol. I hate that you guys have such great places to ride.
Keep posting and shonie , you recover quick.

Anymore wonna add?

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #8 of 14 Old 10-15-2012, 11:20 PM

Garage
Hey everyone I went out this past weekend with some buddies and we went riding in some gravel pits and fire roads and bush trails in southeastern Manitoba. Was good they got a foot of snow there a week ago so in some spots it was still about 8 inches deep which was fun, made getting traction interesting sometimes. But landing jumps into the snow is pretty fun. Had to do some pretty serious bushing though lots of the trails were fallen in with trees from the snowstorm so there was lots of going through straight up bush to get around. Luckily buddy had a grizzly 700 so I just let him knock all the trees down first. Was pretty surprised actually at my xx for going over and through what it went through and took it like a champ. Got my 13 tooth sprocket today so I've gotta put that in and see how I like it maybe it won't bog down so easy. I ride a lot I was in saskatchewan last week and did some sweet riding in the assiniboine valley. Week before that I was riding at my family farm along the west shoreline of lake Manitoba with some utility quads who were all surprised by the xx. I'm going back to the farm this weekend gonna go to some pits and do some jumps I hope. Ill keep you posted.
post #9 of 14 Old 10-16-2012, 11:54 AM

M Quick and Baxter,

I'm healing still. No more crutches...no more cane...just limping now. They said it would be at least a full year for me to heal. I have a follow-up appointment next week with my orthopedic doctor.

I went for a short ride about 2 weeks ago. I had to take real easy. I can stand up on my pegs but have to watch out for really rough terrain cuz my leg just can't handle it, so I sit. I can't stand and lean into turns cuz it puts a lot of pressure on my leg. So most of the time I'm sitting on my 700 and just cruise. It great to ride again, but totally sucks I can't ride like I did before my accident. But I'll heal up eventually and be riding like I use to in a few more months. Then I'll be posting some more "Riding the Rez" videos!

Shonie

Heckle: 2008 TRX 700xx - Lexx Slip-on, Lexx Programmer,K&N Air Filter, Alba Nerf Bars, Honda Racing Skid Plates

Jeckle: 2008 TRX 700xx - AC Racing Full Exhaust, EHS Programmer, K&N Air Filter, Honda Racing Skid Plates, Alba Nerf Bars, K&N Air Filter
post #10 of 14 Old 10-16-2012, 10:27 PM

The last time I rode my XX was when I was prerunning the Baja 500 this past June. Rocks, sandy washes, silt, whoops, big hills, little hills, beaches, and highways all packed into 500+ miles. First time down that way for a race, and was a great experience. Work has been dead here, which has caused me to really get away from racing. I'm hoping it gets better soon, because I am having XX withdrawals!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode