only 2 years?? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 01-24-2013, 12:56 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
only 2 years??

I've only seen 08 and 09 xx's and stuff for them. Why is that? Was there something wrong with them that made Honda quit making them? I have an 08 that is literally still like new other than a junk battery. So I wouldn't know of any issues because mine is hardly ridden yet. I was just curious...

2008 trx700xx grey & black fmf titanium 4 full system air box lid mia dynojet pc III tuned by me. Trailtech vapor with a custom dashboard I built. Hardly ridden yet...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 01-24-2013, 02:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The economy happened. Unfortunately, many companies have trimmed back their sport quad lines. I think Honda just suffered some bad timing by rolling out a unique style of quad right as the economy dumped.

Currently: 400ex, Lexx MXe, K&N w/outerwears
Outlaw 525 IRS

Save the Oregon Dunes!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 22 Old 01-24-2013, 10:46 AM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
dixon700,
There is nothing wrong with your 700XX design. It is a terrific machine and many on this forum will attest to that. As far as the "junk battery" goes I always use a "Battery Tender" after each ride and currently have 5 years on it. My Grizzly had 7 years on before needing replacement. That record speaks for itself.
Sid

post #4 of 22 Old 01-24-2013, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
dixon700,
There is nothing wrong with your 700XX design. It is a terrific machine and many on this forum will attest to that. As far as the "junk battery" goes I always use a "Battery Tender" after each ride and currently have 5 years on it. My Grizzly had 7 years on before needing replacement. That record speaks for itself.
Sid
I agree... A Battery Tender is well worth the small investment. My quad came with the Tender leads already attached to my battery. Dealer used Battery Tenders to keep batteries charged up on quads kept on showroom floor... They just forgot to remove them when I bought the quad.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #5 of 22 Old 01-24-2013, 06:09 PM

Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
My quad came with the Tender leads already attached to my battery. Dealer used Battery Tenders to keep batteries charged up on quads kept on showroom floor... They just forgot to remove them when I bought the quad.

roadkill
Hey hope your feeling better, buddy. And I was just wondering if you had any pictures of how the dealer routed your battery tender leads? He's where I brought mine out.

https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showpost...3&postcount=23

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #6 of 22 Old 01-24-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
I agree... Dealer used Battery Tenders to keep batteries charged up on quads kept on showroom floor... They just forgot to remove them when I bought the quad.

roadkill
you lucky joker show us how they did it !

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #7 of 22 Old 01-25-2013, 02:08 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wasn't really saying the battery is junk battery, just that mine is junk and needs replaced. It got tired from not being used enough. I didnt think there was any big issues with the quad because it seems to be well put together and run strong. I put over 300 hard hrs on my 450r and it would still be kicking, but house fires tend to be more powerful... I wouldn't have my xx if that was the case and its a much better trail quad which is what we have around here. Neat idea with the tender. I'll have to look into one for a new battery.

2008 trx700xx grey & black fmf titanium 4 full system air box lid mia dynojet pc III tuned by me. Trailtech vapor with a custom dashboard I built. Hardly ridden yet...
post #8 of 22 Old 01-25-2013, 04:06 PM

Garage
dixon700,

Yea the battery tender is a must have if you ask me, especially if you don't ride much. And if your getting the same weather as us in Ohio, nobody is riding with wind chills 10-20 below zero, least no body I know.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #9 of 22 Old 01-25-2013, 07:01 PM

i live in moderate climate and my 400ex stock battery lasted 4 plus years and my 700 stock battery isgoing on 5 years hell the 400 is prolly still charged but i sold ithe quad a lot of this crap you here like this is shitty maintenance hell i know people who hardly change there oil and will never put a tender on the battery but thats why there shit stays broke all the time!

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #10 of 22 Old 01-26-2013, 09:40 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird88 View Post
i live in moderate climate
Yea where you live the temps don't get near as cold. And you probably still ride at the least a few times a month. So a battery tender is unnecessary in your case. Here in Ohio my riding season is pretty much over from mid December to the middle of March. Hell I even have my mustang on a battery tender.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode