ESH Air Lid Better? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 06-14-2013, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ESH Air Lid Better?

I know this post I’m sure will rub someone the wrong way so I’m letting PLP know up front. And I apologize up front for my ignorance. I see and read how much better an ESH air lid is, and improves the performance of air flow. First look at the product “really improves the air flow” closing off or blocking the existing stock opening then cutting almost the same opening size and placing a “outerwear screen” that restricts air flow, this improves the air flow? Sorry don’t see it. If you add the outerwear to the existing and extra mod opening on top of the lid sure added air flow. I see an improved pre filtered air entering the air box, got it agreed. Relying on my past experience working in A/C & R air flow is measured with a meter recording the amount of CFM that can be verified. I don't see the testing and results of this mod. Not trying to be a smart a$$, could someone explain how installing this mod will increase the air flow performance of my TRX 700 xx. Thanks Fallout
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-14-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Information:

• The TRX700XX air box cover is recommended to replace a no lid application. It will give you the open box performance you desire with the closed box protection that's needed.
  • Generally with FI a stock pipe or slip-on and our cover will not require a FI tuner such as a power commander, or dobek box. We do recommend a plug check to verify fuel mixture. For maximum performance increase and tunibility some type FI controller is highly recommended. We do sell those also just call the shop.
  • The EHS airbox lid will also greatly improve how clean your filter stays compared to when you are forced to run with no lid at all.
  • The material is specifically designed by Outerwears for EHS; all edges are tapped to prevent fraying or tearing.
  • The filter is made from a water resistant material, so it will keep almost all water out of your air box.
  • Cleaning is super easy, just take the whole cover off and wash it under the sink.
  • All aluminum plates are CNC milled for exact precision with EHS RACING engraved in every one.
  • We have multiple color options to choose from either filters, or anodized plates.
  • SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!!!
From his page. It mostly states protection benefits not performance. I believe only the kit *With Side Vents* offers more air flow requiring you to alter the controller settings. Stock kit just adds more protection.
post #3 of 11 Old 06-14-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:
EHS Racing airbox lids are designed to give the best performance while retaining the benefits of a closed intake system.
Another.

Not seeing this

Quote:
“really improves the air flow”
In there anywhere?

post #4 of 11 Old 06-14-2013, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

ESH Lid

Sorry refinance improves the air flow is from PPL opinions on the forum, not from the ESH web site; sorry if that part was misunderstood. Thanks for correcting me on this.
post #5 of 11 Old 06-14-2013, 09:43 AM

Yeah peoples opinions on products are not always what is portrayed by the creator of the products

I noticed gains when I added side vents to mine not from just the top piece though.
post #6 of 11 Old 06-14-2013, 09:44 AM

I just didn't want this to turn into a lets bash Eric thread
post #7 of 11 Old 06-14-2013, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
If you look at the size of the opening on the stock air box lid, you'll see that it is much smaller than the opening on the EHS lid. The stock lid has no pre-filter, but the EHS lid does.

The result is: More/cleaner air flow. Note: The EHS pre-filter has very little restriction.

Add in a good flowing air filter (UNI) and you get way better air flow.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #8 of 11 Old 06-14-2013, 12:53 PM

Actually I think it would also help "cooler" air get in. Cooler air is probably more of a power increase than more air. The stock lid pull air from the front near the motor and more ambient hot air is likely to come from there. An airbox mod and make the air come in from the sides or top which could make the air cooler too. Cooler air is going to be a good advantage.

-Oregon-
2008 Honda TRX 700xx
13T Front Sprocket (going back to 14t for sand)
Airbox lid delete
Spark arrester delete
10' rear DWT blue label with paddle for sand

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 11 Old 06-14-2013, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
I use a EHS lid and find it a good alternative to an Outerwear for the filter and no lid. Both products have pro's and cons. Tried pretty much most variations of this and come to the setup I am running to be a happy medium. EHS lid (without side vents) and modified airbox with Outerwear material on the left side of the airbox. It's not perfect yet but the filter stays cleaner in all conditions compared to other setups.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #10 of 11 Old 06-14-2013, 07:30 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
just put it this way with the ehs lid i can go 3 times longer between service intervals and that less i have to swap out filters, with oem after every ride you need to sevice it which sucks if your lazy like me!

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode