This sucks... - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 08-09-2013, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
This sucks...

The Outside Lands Music and Arts Festival takes place this weekend in Golden Gate Park and since I live about 1 block away, my whole area will be screwed up with blocked off streets and people who think they can park any place they want. The festival gets about 65-70k of people per day and they all have to park someplace... my neighborhood. It's a bitch to park in my area anyway, let alone with thousands of extra cars. I have Parking Control on speed dial and every year I have to have people towed. Do I feel bad about having people towed? Hell NO!

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-09-2013, 08:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
grin

that sounds like going to Talledega super speedway to watch a nascar race and there is about 60-80 thousand drunk fans trying to leave the place at once at the end of the race. its a hell of a traffic jam and yeah people tries to park in peoples yard too and some people charge like 20$ a car for them to park in there yard....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #3 of 11 Old 08-12-2013, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
The Outside Lands Music and Arts Festival takes place this weekend in Golden Gate Park and since I live about 1 block away, my whole area will be screwed up with blocked off streets and people who think they can park any place they want. The festival gets about 65-70k of people per day and they all have to park someplace... my neighborhood. It's a bitch to park in my area anyway, let alone with thousands of extra cars. I have Parking Control on speed dial and every year I have to have people towed. Do I feel bad about having people towed? Hell NO!

roadkill
This weekend was not as bad as in past years... I only had to have 5 cars towed over 3 days. By far, the worst was yesterday... 1 car about 1:30 and then another car before 3... right in front of my driveway so I couldn't get my truck out. The second car parked there even though I told him not to saying "I'll only be a few minutes, I'm just picking someone up" His car wasn't there when he got back... it got towed. Here, it costs about $300-$400 to get a car back from impound... Ticket+towing+storage. If you have other unpaid tickets, it can cost much more.

roadkill

"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters

post #4 of 11 Old 08-13-2013, 01:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
!

Oh come on, Itīs just a weekend! Of course it must be uncomfortable to have your neighbourhood that full but hey, itīs just a weekend, imagine you are one of those and you wanna party, youīre not gonna care about the neighbourhood, you only wanna have fun for a weekend.

post #5 of 11 Old 08-14-2013, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana123 View Post
Oh come on, Itīs just a weekend! Of course it must be uncomfortable to have your neighbourhood that full but hey, itīs just a weekend, imagine you are one of those and you wanna party, youīre not gonna care about the neighbourhood, you only wanna have fun for a weekend.
It's just a weekend?... You don't live here! This is just one of many times a year that my neighborhood is impacted by various events that either take place in the park or end at the beach end of the park and they do nothing to actually benefit the neighborhood. I have a business that is 24/7 and I have to be able to get in and out of my driveway when I need to and not be at the mercy of people that think they have a right to block your driveway just because they wanna have fun... that's arrogant.

roadkill

R. Waters

post #6 of 11 Old 08-15-2013, 05:23 PM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
roadkill,
Is it possible to designate that area as a "No Parking", "Tow Away Zone", red or yellow painted curb and/or etc. I realize that also limits you parking area. Jokingly, what about a fake fire hydrant.
Sorry for all the nuisance. Any recommendations from the city that might help?
Sid
post #7 of 11 Old 08-15-2013, 07:40 PM

Roadkill I do not mean this in a smarta** way but seriously , why live there then? If I had to put up with crap like that I wouldn't live there. But maybe that is why I live in the middle of nowhere with no neighbors.
post #8 of 11 Old 08-16-2013, 07:20 AM

Send a message via MSN to Snoshoe Send a message via Skype™ to Snoshoe
use signage
"No Parking
No Tresspassing
Violator's vehicles will be shot with acetone paint balls and then towed as per village statuate UR N ID10T"

2008 TRX700xx
13Tfront
Kenda Bear Claws 23x8x11
Custom 2" receiver
2007 Honda Forman TRX500es (wifes)
54" Moose plow (for the horse poo)
rear seat/ strorage box
Ground Hog Disk harrow kit
2x 2009 Kawasaki KFX 90 (kids)
PEI fog lights
"If your face isn't dirty, you haven't been riding." Daughter age 10 (riding style, 2 speeds, full out and off)

Its amazing how far a KFX 90 will fly if you go fast. 15' is her current record.
post #9 of 11 Old 08-16-2013, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
roadkill,
Is it possible to designate that area as a "No Parking", "Tow Away Zone", red or yellow painted curb and/or etc. I realize that also limits you parking area. Jokingly, what about a fake fire hydrant.
Sorry for all the nuisance. Any recommendations from the city that might help?
Sid
The curb in front of my driveway IS already painted red... doesn't help... You'd think that people know what a red curb means!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmonkey700xx View Post
Roadkill I do not mean this in a smarta** way but seriously , why live there then? If I had to put up with crap like that I wouldn't live there. But maybe that is why I live in the middle of nowhere with no neighbors.
I live here because this is where my alcohol and drug facility is... the place was here long before I took over running it... A 10 house facility is very hard to re-locate.... My rent rate is fixed (since 1989) and it would cost 4x as much in other areas. An alcohol and drug facility requires clients and therefore needs to be located close to those clients. Trust me, I'd love to live in the middle of nowhere again, but have to live where there are clients to support the facility.

R. Waters

Last edited by roadkill; 08-16-2013 at 02:04 PM.
post #10 of 11 Old 08-19-2013, 07:50 AM

Send a message via MSN to Snoshoe Send a message via Skype™ to Snoshoe
Right posted and tow
If you cant follow the rules you must be an idiot or drunk see management for a referal.

2008 TRX700xx
13Tfront
Kenda Bear Claws 23x8x11
Custom 2" receiver
2007 Honda Forman TRX500es (wifes)
54" Moose plow (for the horse poo)
rear seat/ strorage box
Ground Hog Disk harrow kit
2x 2009 Kawasaki KFX 90 (kids)
PEI fog lights
"If your face isn't dirty, you haven't been riding." Daughter age 10 (riding style, 2 speeds, full out and off)

Its amazing how far a KFX 90 will fly if you go fast. 15' is her current record.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode