For sale forum issue - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
View Poll Results: So what would you guys like to see as rules in the FS Section? REPLY IF YOU WANT ADD
Price. 22 100.00%
Must have 50 posts. 7 31.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 05-11-2010, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to willrideanything
For sale forum issue

I have noticed it takes about 5 post to drag a price out of a seller. To me thats wasted space time and post. Can we have a rule that prices must be posted. This cuts out "bidding" and saves time and effort.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 05-11-2010, 09:39 AM

I agree. If you want to see what people will bid for your stuff then put it on eBay. I always post a price in my first post.

Port and Polishing w/ +1 Valves by Illinois Powersports
11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 26 Old 05-11-2010, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

I am on other forums that have this rule and seems to make things so much easier.

post #4 of 26 Old 05-11-2010, 12:28 PM

most of the time, well at least for me, a price isn't posted because then we get all this ''well it's cheaper here'' or ''i can get it for this price here''... that's why i always like to post, ''best offer''... when you post a price, most of the time ''bidding'' starts... so just tell me what you want to pay for it, and if it's close enough, then it's yours
post #5 of 26 Old 05-11-2010, 03:22 PM

Send a message via MSN to Xstriker
they are posting on a classifieds forum, nobody has to buy it if they don't like the price. I agree that they should be required to add a price in order to post an item on the selling part. Put o.b.o. if your negotiable, if not post a price and let it ride.

08 TRX 700XX
HMF Full Performance Exhaust
EHS Programmer
11/16 L8ton Swaybar
Skat~Trak Haulers 20X10X10
ITP T-9 Pro Series Wheel 10X7 4.0 + 3.0 Polished
Alba Pro Elite Nerfs
Trail Tech Vapor Speedo/odom
post #6 of 26 Old 05-11-2010, 03:30 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
It would be nice to keep new members from posting in classifieds also. Make it where you must have twenty post or a month membership before you can post. This would help keep scammers away. Although I believe in the golden rule of researching before you buy online, Some people can't remember this and buy the scammers lunch lol.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #7 of 26 Old 05-11-2010, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

True true.

As for the cheaper her issue, Im just not going to buy from you. When I sell(not that I have on this site) I will be sure to sell for a cheap price. Either way a price should be know ahead of time.
post #8 of 26 Old 05-11-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smo0oth1 View Post
It would be nice to keep new members from posting in classifieds also. Make it where you must have twenty post or a month membership before you can post. This would help keep scammers away. Although I believe in the golden rule of researching before you buy online, Some people can't remember this and buy the scammers lunch lol.
a good way would to only allow senior member to post there. that way we know they have interest in the forum and have gotten to know them a bit. ive sold and bout a few things from members and its been great being able to help each other out.

ENGINE:(57.87HP-LTP DYNO)12:1CP,STAGE 3 HOT CAM, PORT/POLISHED HEAD,HDD +3 TB, DMC AFTERBURNER FULL EXHAUST,PCV,MODQUAD K&N FILTER/MODIFIED AIR BOX,13T
SUSPENSION:ELKA STAGE 3 REAR STAGE 3 FRONT/HOUSER ARMS,L8TON SWAY BAR
ITP T-9 PROSERIES SKAT~TRACK EXTREAM HAULERS/MOHAWKS,RAZR/RAZR 2
ARMOR:PRO ARMOR FAT PEG NERF BARS
PRO ARMOR DOMINATOR FRONT BUMPER,PRM DESERT GRAB BAR,PRM FULL UNDER SKIDS,X-POSED SHOCK COVERS
CONTROL:PROTAPER EVO BARS,ODI GRIPS,TRAIL TECH HI-RISE BAR CLAMP,ALBA STEERING STABILIZER
LIGHTING:HID CONVERSION/LED ACCENT LIGHTS
LOOKS: AMR GRAPGICS/MAIER PLASTICS
post #9 of 26 Old 05-11-2010, 05:44 PM

Send a message via MSN to Xstriker
imo there should be a members only channel to sell stuff to other members (preferably senior) where we could post things we don't wan't the whole world to see. It's nice to help somebody out without having tons of people with their hands out asking for it.

08 TRX 700XX
HMF Full Performance Exhaust
EHS Programmer
11/16 L8ton Swaybar
Skat~Trak Haulers 20X10X10
ITP T-9 Pro Series Wheel 10X7 4.0 + 3.0 Polished
Alba Pro Elite Nerfs
Trail Tech Vapor Speedo/odom
post #10 of 26 Old 05-11-2010, 06:31 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to NineLivez2Go
Here are the rules on another forum I'm on and they work great.

Member Sales:

Members wishing to post items they have for sale are expected to adhere to the rules below:

You must be a member a minimum of 60 days AND have a minimum of 100 posts. Postwhoring in order to get your 100 posts will not be tolerated. Anyone found doing this will not be allowed to sell for an additional 6 months. The Administrator of the site will have final say in determining whether a member is trying to postwhore for this reason. This includes private messages and the Want to Buy section as well.

Negative comments about a members product, pricing, etc. will not be tolerated. Please keep these comments to yourself.

No ebay links allowed. If you want to sell your item on here then post up all information in your thread about the product. If a member wanted to look at ebay listings they would be on that site.

Do not post links to other sites that have information about your for sale item. If you want to sell your item here, the least you can do is list all the information in your thread on this site.

No "feeler" threads are allowed. If you're just thinking about selling your item, this is not the place to gauge interest.

All items for sale must list a price. Any thread that does not have a price listed will be deleted.
Members posting multiple items for sale will be watched for abuse. This can be considered commercial selling and will be at the discretion of the Administrator and Moderators.

If you are thinking about committing fraud on this site don't. Any and all information available on this site will be sent to the proper authorities if requested. Buyers need to use care when purchasing any product from anyone via internet. We always do our best to protect the members of this site but we are not perfect and will not be held legally responsible for any problem arising from purchases within this section.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode