Why so many problems? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 12-20-2010, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
headscratch Why so many problems?

I'm just curious as to why this site has so many problems? Ever since I joined my computer has been telling me this website is a threat to my personal information. I'm constantly getting Trojan alerts to the point where I won't even get on here with my pc anymore. The site crashes all the time and doesn't work right for days or It's slow and I'm getting server error messages?I've personally never paid to be a member on a forum until I did here and this site is the worst for having problems. It's a small community I would think it would be fairly straight forward to get the bugs worked out? Admin. Says he doing something about it but it just seems to get worse to me? I'm not sure I wanna continue to put my personal info and computer's at risk by visiting this site? Just saying....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 12-20-2010, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-N-BlackXX View Post
I'm just curious as to why this site has so many problems? Ever since I joined my computer has been telling me this website is a threat to my personal information. I'm constantly getting Trojan alerts to the point where I won't even get on here with my pc anymore. The site crashes all the time and doesn't work right for days or It's slow and I'm getting server error messages?I've personally never paid to be a member on a forum until I did here and this site is the worst for having problems. It's a small community I would think it would be fairly straight forward to get the bugs worked out? Admin. Says he doing something about it but it just seems to get worse to me? I'm not sure I wanna continue to put my personal info and computer's at risk by visiting this site? Just saying....
Are you using Google at all? Also, does your browser ever get "hijacked"? By hijacked I mean, does it ever open up a new window to or send you to a sight or web page that you did not request?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Where you come from is gone. Where you thought you were going to weren't never there, and where you’re at ain't no good unless you can get away from it!
post #3 of 14 Old 12-20-2010, 11:23 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to NineLivez2Go
I'm using Google chrome and haven't had any issues besides it being real slow or just down totally. No Trojan alerts or hijacked pages.

post #4 of 14 Old 12-20-2010, 12:01 PM

It sounds like you a victim of Malware. I got a dose of it earlier this year, hard to say where I got it from. Really evil, blocked all the normal fixes like system restore, task manager etc. Nearly impossible to get rid of, I ended up with a clean load of the operating system. I am now using Zone Alarm and NoSripts with Firefox. NoScripts is kind of a pain to use but I think it is worth the extra protection. No more problems.
At one point I thought this site might be the culprit. Turned out it wasn't.

11:1, Web Stg2 cam, PCV, Powerbomb/Powercore4, Razr's all around. Air cleaner lid mod, Uni filter, HID Lighting, 6 pack rack, Motion Pro twist, L8ton 9/16, DS/Elka shocks, IMS Tank, Grip heaters

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 14 Old 12-20-2010, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

I have a Mac and I use safari. It's not hurting my computer as of now, but it is a threat and I've never had any problems on ANY other website but this one? So I'm pretty sure it's this site. Half the time I try to get on here it says Database error or if I try to open a thread it'll say Server error. I've been getting Trojan alerts ever since I joined. I don't have any problems on ANY other sites. Just this one.
post #6 of 14 Old 12-20-2010, 01:48 PM

Ohhh a Mac... That explains everything....

The database error, or server error I have seen also that I am pretty sure is the site, but I don't think those are a threat just annoying.

11:1, Web Stg2 cam, PCV, Powerbomb/Powercore4, Razr's all around. Air cleaner lid mod, Uni filter, HID Lighting, 6 pack rack, Motion Pro twist, L8ton 9/16, DS/Elka shocks, IMS Tank, Grip heaters

post #7 of 14 Old 12-20-2010, 02:06 PM

Here you go:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg motivational-poster-mac-users-market.jpg (71.2 KB, 21 views)

2006 Raptor 700
Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox antivibe risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP stabilizer, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms ST, Rap 700 SE front shocks revalved/resprung by Wiigstyle, Fox Podium X rear shock, DWT Drift rear beadlocks, Hiper front beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs and Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper and railer chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swingarm skid plate

My name is Iñigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!!!
post #8 of 14 Old 12-20-2010, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

Aww let's not turn this into a Mac verse pc thread please. I am honestly concerned about the Trojan threat. The other stuff not so much. It is a pain in the butt though to be getting error messages all the time.
post #9 of 14 Old 12-20-2010, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

I guess you pc guys are just used to things not working correctly
Sorry I couldn't help myself!!!!!
post #10 of 14 Old 12-20-2010, 02:43 PM

LOL, I have been getting the database error for some time now, seemed worse a couple of weeks ago. I get no warnings on Trojans and I am behind a heavily secured intranet with a lot of software and hardware to help keep things working so I would not really worry much if I was you.

2006 Raptor 700
Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox antivibe risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP stabilizer, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms ST, Rap 700 SE front shocks revalved/resprung by Wiigstyle, Fox Podium X rear shock, DWT Drift rear beadlocks, Hiper front beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs and Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper and railer chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swingarm skid plate

My name is Iñigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode