Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

boots

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  priesty 
#1 ·
I did a search for recommended boots on here and saw some older post about comp 5's (shorties). Anyone using these? They look a little fat and the problem I'm having is my foot fitting between the nerf net and the shifter lever.
I am considering the following boots and looking to see if anyone has them and/or any boot recommendations :
Gaerne GX-1 or SG-10
Moose 1.2's
Forma Terrain

#2 ·
They look a little fat and the problem I'm having is my foot fitting between the nerf net and the shifter lever.

just take shifter off and move it up one tooth...

#5 ·
I saw that as an option on the post as well...the boots I got were AXO drones, they are super stiff and I was slipping off the pegs a lot. I guess more than anything I just didn't like them. The buckles take 2 men and a boy to latch and unlatch.

#3 ·
^^^^x2. I was having the same issues with my boots. I got a cheapo set of O'neal elements. They were only a hundred bucks but I've had them three years now with no problems. And they've been full of mud snow and water and they never stink and the buckles haven't broke so I'm happy. For my next boots I'm not gonna spend a ton cuz they just get trashed on the quad anyway. Maybe if I only rode mx tracks then I'd she'll out big dollars but I'm always hitting water or mud so alpinestars or fox are out of the question. Plus I picked up chest waders for mudding and water fun.

#4 ·
I like alpine star boots personally. Most comfortable that I've tried and they fit like sneakers in the toe area so it would probably be your best bet. A cheap fix would be doing what mquick said. Riding boots are nice but a pair of work boots will usually do just as well

#6 ·
Really it boils down to preference and what you like. If I am leisure riding/bar hopping I just wear work boots. But say if I am hitting trails hard, I'll wear my fox comps just for added ankle protection. I also almost constantly stand up so I get a little different angle under the shifter so I never had that problem. Your best bet is try to go somewhere where you can try on different boots, find which ones you think you could walk all day in, and get those. They all will add some protection. If you are just a leisure rider, buy some good work boots, no not WAL MART brand, that way they will hold up. And get some conditioner for them, so when they get wet/muddy or whatever, you can condition them to make them last longer.

#7 ·
I bought some diadora road bike bbots in the style of mx boots..
superb.. 100% waterproof, extremely light and flexible but also feet/ankle protection.. they have lasted soo long !
So road bike boots is my recomendation, they may cost a little but they really last

#9 ·
The Thor 3 buckle shorties have a toe like the alpine stars & are super comfy, not very waterproof though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.