User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 09-27-2013, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to crwh45
New Machine Ordered for Vacation

So in a couple of weeks, I am going to WV with Dagirl (Nikki) and Nash (Joe) and a few other friends not on the site. Was thinking of getting a new Outlander 1000, but after haggling with the sales guys at three different places, I realized no one really wanted to deal. So I ended up getting a 2013 CRF450X. I didn't really want to go CAN AM being a Honda guy and all, so I went from one extreme to the other. Should be picking it up next week, they had to order it out of a warehouse somewhere out west as they couldn't find any over here on the east coast. Pretty pumped about it, I haven't rode the Hatfield McCoy trails with it dirtbike in about 7 years, so should be fun. Taking that down, along with a rancher (for when I want to go slow and not get muddy) and a trx450 which I just splurged and bought a set of MOTOWOZ shocks for all the way around. The other 4 machines are sitting in the garage. I was going to take the XX, but decided against it. Might as well run brand new toys to see how they handle. Now I just have to get my fat rump in shape and maybe compete next spring in some XC racing. I'll try to get a picture up on here of all my Honda toys (9 total) and maybe everything else in the garage, (old John Deere tractor and snowmobile) a few arctic cats, and everyone else's stuff I've been working on leaving no time to do my own (which is why I am not taking the 700 as it needs some TLC with valve adjustments and exhaust packing). Taking the GOPRO with us, and I know on here we don't have too many videos on a dirtbike, so I figured I'd try to mount it to the front fender.
Chuck

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-27-2013, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Garage
Wow that is a big swing from outlander to dirt bike. Can't wait to see the video. Hope you all have a fun and safe trip. I wont be back down to West Virginia till the end of Oct. Who is this Nikki person, lol...

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 09-27-2013, 09:09 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congrats, which would you use for xc racing? The 450 or 700xx?
Waiting for the pics :-)

post #4 of 8 Old 09-28-2013, 07:39 AM

Hey Chuck. Congrats on the new purchase. Hope you guys have a good time when you come in to ride. I would love to join you for a day or two again but I just had knee surgery a week ago and won't be riding for a while. You guys have a great time and be safe. Say HI to the gang for me.
Mike
post #5 of 8 Old 09-28-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwh45 View Post
So in a couple of weeks, I am going to WV with Dagirl (Nikki) and Nash (Joe) and a few other friends not on the site. Was thinking of getting a new Outlander 1000, but after haggling with the sales guys at three different places, I realized no one really wanted to deal.
Chuck
Where were they at on pricing? I work at a dealer. Can-Am has some fairly sizable rebates for 2013 models.

Currently: 400ex, Lexx MXe, K&N w/outerwears
Outlaw 525 IRS

Save the Oregon Dunes!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 Old 09-29-2013, 06:34 AM Thread Starter

Hey monkey, sorry hear about your surgery. Maybe next time.

No place I went had 2013 models in that I wanted. I wanted an XT or XTP and they were sticking firm right around 12 for them and wouldn't do any trades or anything. Which is okay and I understand, but I asked if I'd get any discounts with parts and accessories as I was going to get a storage tank and stuff and they said no.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #7 of 8 Old 09-29-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwh45 View Post
Hey monkey, sorry hear about your surgery. Maybe next time.

No place I went had 2013 models in that I wanted. I wanted an XT or XTP and they were sticking firm right around 12 for them and wouldn't do any trades or anything. Which is okay and I understand, but I asked if I'd get any discounts with parts and accessories as I was going to get a storage tank and stuff and they said no.

Wow... It doesn't sound like they wanted to put out any effort to earn your business. None of what you requested is out of the ordinary. Trade-ins, discounts, locating units, dealer transfers, are all part of the process. If a customer comes in to our store looking for a unit that we don't have in stock, you better believe the first thing we're doing is checking the dealer network to request a transfer and get the customer the unit they want. I consider that basic customer service. If those dealers were unwilling to do even this relatively simple step, then they didn't deserve your business. Not to mention that 2014's are just starting to arrive at dealerships, so there should still have been plenty of 2013 models available for them to find in the network.
Sorry you had a chain of bad experiences. Sounds like you eventually got a machine you wanted while the lazy dealers lost out.

Currently: 400ex, Lexx MXe, K&N w/outerwears
Outlaw 525 IRS

Save the Oregon Dunes!

post #8 of 8 Old 09-30-2013, 06:24 AM Thread Starter

RKANGEL, this is somewhere around my 17th or 18th machine I bought from this Honda shop. I get almost everything in the parts department at cost or within a few percent, and they treat me pretty well when I buy a machine. They didn't really want a trade either, unless it was my 4x4. Wrong time of the year to trade in a motorcycle or a sport quad, but with in 5 minutes of me getting off the phone with them, they called me back and said they located on in a warehouse and it'd be on its way with in 24 hours. So excellent service. But the Can Am dealers just didn't want to take the time. I told them exactly what I wanted, and one of them wanted to give me almost a grand off on the XMR, but I didn't want it as it is way too big, and after that kind of gave me the cold shoulder, even after I said I was paying all cash. That may be why those dealers are few and far between up in my neck of the woods.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode