Looking for fellow CT/ Mass/ RI guys to ride with!!! - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 07-29-2009, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to squeak14
Looking for fellow CT/ Mass/ RI guys to ride with!!!

I live in Hartford CT and need to find new places to ride other than the local trails around my house b/c I'm getting very sick of the same scenery. I am willing to drive within reason and camp out if need be or get a hotel room. My work schedule is pretty flexible so I can get weekdays of weekends off when I went to. I just need some active riders to show me some new places to ride. I will register it in the surrounding states if I can find decent places to ride. Especially if you live in CT and know of some good legal places to ride please share the info with me!!! Its killing me to live in the damn city and own an atv. I'm getting close to putting on slicks and ripping up and down main st to just get some ride time in!!! LOL

So guys help me out here with some replies to this thread or email me at [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-30-2009, 11:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Squeak

You are always welcome to join us, some of the group are from New Jersey and we usually ride in PA where I live.
post #3 of 10 Old 07-31-2009, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Riding

Cool and thanx for the invite I will probably take you up on it one weekend but first i need to sell my 300ex so i can bring home my new 700xx. Then party on!!!

post #4 of 10 Old 08-01-2009, 09:35 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
how much would you want for the 300
post #5 of 10 Old 08-04-2009, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Squeak

Will be in Maine August 20-23, perhaps we could meet up. Will be www.NorthernOutdoors.com which is north of Bingham.

Let me know if you can
post #6 of 10 Old 10-11-2009, 01:44 AM Thread Starter

Hey Nash I finally got my 700xx going good and ready to put in some much needed riding time!! Let me know when ur going out next and where. Any weekend trips coming up and or group rides in the CT Mass NH VT or eastern PA area?? Lets get this shit going!! email me or reply back Names Tim [email protected]
post #7 of 10 Old 01-01-2010, 08:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
Hey squeak,

Are you still living in Hartford? I just got out of the military and moved to Danbury. I was stationed in Groton for a while and know of a few guys there that ride in that area a little bit. I have been looking around here, and heard of a trail on the east side of danbury that will take you to some powerlines in NY that are illegal, but apparently as long as you dont park your ride on the edge of the trail you'd be fine. If you find anything local to us, let me know will you. If you ever get a bike I know there are some trails at exit 24 (I think) that go on for a ways, a few closed loops but its about 90 miles total (It is Thomaston damn). Also, according to Thumpertalk.com, there are quite a few places in MA that aren't too far away, and only cost $5 a day. The problem is most aren't open until May due to hunting/ snowmobile season. If you find of any places nearby, let me know. Also, I'd be up for riding when I can. I am currently doing a winterseries harescramble back home in NY. Speaking of which, I was at a shop the other day in Danbury and some guy there said they have hare scrambles out here every other weekend. I could find out for you if you're interested. They are fun and a good workout.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #8 of 10 Old 01-02-2010, 11:26 AM

I live in NH... PM me and we can think something up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'08 700XX
Power:
EHS bullet box (Thanks Eric!)
EHS air box lid (Thanks Eric!)
Full HMF exhaust system
K&N air intake
Handling:
Flex bars 14* 31" Quad racer
Bling:
Honda Racing MX front bumper
White and black body work from maier
IMS fuel tank
Red Silicon radiator hoses
Gripper seat
post #9 of 10 Old 01-12-2010, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Hey guys,
I havent been on the site in awhile so sorry for not getting back to either of u, but as for riding out near danbury thats all new to me. Ive never been out there to ride but I'm always open for some new trails that doesnt take me hours to get to. I know Mass has a lot of riding I just dont know of any legal places, plus u have to register ur quad there which I havent done if you do find a place. I found a new spot closer to me in the Wolcott area that is of course not legal but I havent heard of anyone getting bothered out there. Its best to ride on a sunday b/c you wont piss off the hunters since its illegal to hunt sunday. But as of now my days of riding are going to be on hold until I finish remodeling my house over the next month or so. However, I will give u a heads up next time I go out. And as for hare scrambles that sounds fun and I'm down to give it a try, so let me know what you find out about it in CT.
post #10 of 10 Old 02-02-2010, 12:12 PM

It may be a little bit of a ride, but there are a lot of trails in and around the Claremont, NH area. It is a straight shot up I-91 from Hartford. The Sullivan County ATV Association has more information. Many of these trails are not only open in the winter with snow, but are also groomed. We did a bunch of riding around Christmas time and had a blast on the groomed trails.

Due to being in New Hampshire, there are a lot of hills and a couple of smaller mountains to climb. There are also some amazing views on the trails. The main trails have easy access to gas stations, fast food restaurants and other stores (Home Depot, Sears, Lowe's, and a couple of full-size grocery stores).

2008 TRX700XX - gray & stock
2009 Rancher 420FPE

Last edited by NHXXTRX; 02-02-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode