Folks, Maine Ride Review - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 08-20-2009, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Folks, Maine Ride Review

Well after taken 9 hours to get here, drop the bags out then went riding which to my surprise since I started riding at around 3pm did 79 miles, not bad for 4 hours. Most of the ride was on lumber roads so you could go pretty fast I kept it around 45-50 except for the blind turns which they are quite a few and need to watch for the lumber jacks! On the single track trails, some of it was pretty rough, basically made for 4x4 due to slow speed and clutching. Not too much mud to speak off, the other portions of the single track was pretty nice but still needed to watch for the blind spots. Met quite a few riders on the trail and you could tell some of these boys were rookies, no helmet and no riding gear and when they saw me heading their way, they panick!!! Overall it was pretty nice but talk about being exhausted, not young anymore, lol!

Oh! Yeah! Almost forgot! Speaking of riding gear which I wear all the time, stop in a small town and there were some young "adults" and one of them was pretty drunk and started being a jerk, asking me what am I doing wearing the faggot riding pants/boots told him this is the way US rider dress and he started bablerring about something else and I walked away since there 3 and only this old man but after I walk out from the store, was real thirsty!! 2 of them came back and apoligize for their buddy, explaining to me that he has been drinking since this morning, I told them that it was ok, no worries! Been riding for over 19 years and this is first time that I met an a**hole!!!

Tomorrow they are predicting rain so guess I'll be using my new Gortex rain gear

Will let you know how the ride went.

The "resort" Northern Outdoors that I'm staying at which Dirt Traxx promoted on their tv show, is not worth the $$$ they charge, had to change room since they did not even had a fridge and was right above the bar. They also said that they have gas for the bike here but not....Talk about been bum out, they don't even have tv in the rooms, that's a real bummer Guess that Dirt Traxx got paid very good!!!

Signing off since they only have wifi in the lodge and am not planning in staying there that long.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-21-2009, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dagirl71
Screw those rednecks I have seen you in your gear...WOO HOO

Come back home were we appreciate you and your gear...and ride with us on Sunday!

Next time take your riding buddies (pointing to myself)...speaking of that....
October can you do a week? Mikes said he is fine with sending me off to NC for a WHOLE WEEK with you boys so long as I come back... riding everyday for a week might not want too!

I fiqured the place can sleep 16 to 20 we can get a nice group and go...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Da Girl
Quit your whining get out and ride
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When you strive to be like someone all you end up being is a good copy of a great original!!!Be your own GREAT ORIGINAL!!!
post #3 of 7 Old 08-21-2009, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagirl71 View Post
Screw those rednecks I have seen you in your gear...WOO HOO

Come back home were we appreciate you and your gear...and ride with us on Sunday!

Next time take your riding buddies (pointing to myself)...speaking of that....
October can you do a week? Mikes said he is fine with sending me off to NC for a WHOLE WEEK with you boys so long as I come back... riding everyday for a week might not want too!

I fiqured the place can sleep 16 to 20 we can get a nice group and go...
Yeah! I've seen allot of people giving me the weird eye today due to my gear but **** them.
As for a week, sorry no can do, won't have enough time accumulated by then. Most would be 4 days including the weekend.

post #4 of 7 Old 08-21-2009, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

2nd and last day!! Body is tired and the trails in this area are not that great! Yes! if you're riding around Jackman, it's real nice but the side trails heading towards Jackman are own by local clubs and they are rough and very muddy, got the bike stuck twice and one of the time had to get off the bike sink about 1 foot in the mud and lift the bike and push it forward at the same time, for my age I'm in pretty good shape but wow!! Did 150 miles in 9 hours and the last 2 was in the rain which was ok since the bike and I needed a wash down due to all the mud. Some of those trails could not even get out of first gear and I have a 13T front sprocket, talk about rough!! The worst part is that your suppose to be on the main trail which is taken care by the state then the local ones but the local yahoos they have basically hidden the markers for the main trail and force you to take their trails, they post on their trails the places that you want to go but it's off the main one. Jackman's trails were nicely mark and would tell you if you were off theirs. Overall it was an experience that I won't forget.

Nicky, where are you guys going this Sunday, might be back in town by then. If the weather does not improve, I'll be leaving tomorrow.

Time to eat some Nachos with Chilli

Last edited by Nash04; 08-21-2009 at 08:41 PM.
post #5 of 7 Old 08-21-2009, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Oh! Yeah! Forgot the best part of the ride....... Saw a Moose!!!! Last time I saw one was in Alaska so that was pretty cool seeing one again
post #6 of 7 Old 08-21-2009, 10:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to dagirl71
Joe
We will be in white Haven...Mark and some of the boys from theatvzone are going to come...should be a great day! have some whining going on over here but we should have that straightened out tomorrow! wait to you meet Dom he is a real hoot...I know I am a 700xx girl but his raptor is hot and mad fast!!! after riding with two on Sunday I was very impressed....but its still no 700xx!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Da Girl
Quit your whining get out and ride
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When you strive to be like someone all you end up being is a good copy of a great original!!!Be your own GREAT ORIGINAL!!!
post #7 of 7 Old 08-29-2009, 04:45 PM

I have been to jackman about 6 times now. only twice with the xx. i like it alot. me and my friends stayed in cabins,that you rent. It was cool there was a four wheeler track and a mud bog near the cabins.

700xx with big 3 fax flaots in the way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode