Looking for Sand trails in southern ca - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-08-2015, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Looking for Sand trails in southern ca

I actually live in Las Vegas. We have one place here that I know of that we can go trail riding on sand and Im looking for some others. As long as I could do a weekend trip, Id be good with that. Im new to the region, and am just looking for some new areas to ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-08-2015, 11:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Lightbulb

Glamis!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 4 Old 06-10-2015, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Glamis for sure, but for more possibilities, you may try: riderplanet.com at link below...

California ATV Trails

Click on "More" for more info about location... OR, click on "Home" at top of page and select a different state.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Last edited by roadkill; 06-12-2015 at 12:11 PM. Reason: To add more information.

post #4 of 4 Old 06-13-2015, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
While there are many places to ride legally, there are also many places to ride where it's not quite legal, but ignored by authorities. The problem there is that these places are NOT patrolled, NOT maintained, NOT marked. But the biggest problem is that if you get into trouble or are hurt... you're on your own. One place I know of is an area we call "Goldfields"... it's just outside Marysville, CA. along the Yuba River... it's a large area where there are massive dunes of mine tailings (rocks not sand). Some of these pilings come from dredging for gold on the Yuba River and some are left over from gravel and rock mining operations. Area is totally uncontrolled... I've seen people riding drunk, without helmets and with 2 or more on their ATV and combinations. Disaster waiting to happen. I have ridden there many times usually with several friends but still don't know who owns or controls the land... Yuba City, Yuba County, Marysville???

Oh yeah, even though it's dunes, you shouldn't try using paddle tires, they'll get tore up real fast in the loose rocks.

roadkill

"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode