LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 42 Old 06-23-2015, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw00dy View Post
I will look into that weekend for sure. Thanks for the suggestion. Like I said, I have to wait until I'm stateside and I get back into the regular grind.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
the thing about labor day week you might get a paid day out of that week .
not me I get screwed out of all of them paid holiday days

751 ,barker pipe,290 Web cam,+3 stroker,TB bored to 46.8 and moved back from head 1 inch,+3 big bore , +1 intake valves, Hard Welded Rockers,KW springs, ported, clutch mod , air box removed ,Cat oil mod, dynojet commander V w/auto tune , lowered rear end , TRX450R front shocks ,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 42 Old 06-23-2015, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataway View Post
how about this next labor day ? its only for one week. the guy I go with is from ohio just a bit north of you
Unfortunately at this time with my family life, I wouldn't be able to make a trip that far away. Hopefully once all the kids are grown, I will make it one day.

Quote:
I like WV ,it is a favored place to go .
there is a trail system here in the trees as well but its only good after a rain to knock the dust down .
One of the thing's I love about riding in West Virginia is the elevation changes. When it's hot out side you can ride down to the creek level find some shade, and it will be 15 degrees cooler than up top in the sun. And vise versa when it's cooler out you can ride up top of a mountain and trail break in the sun.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 42 Old 06-24-2015, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
I just so happen to see this one happen. I can assure you the rider was grateful there was a tree to stop him because it was a long way to the bottom.

trees are deadly or they could save you from great bodily harm.

any one for a trip to the dunes ?

Yeah dunes are fun... Have you ever been going up one side intending to fly the top only to find someone going up the other side right in your path? Can make for a very bad day.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #24 of 42 Old 06-24-2015, 04:58 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post

Yeah dunes are fun... Have you ever been going up one side intending to fly the top only to find someone going up the other side right in your path? Can make for a very bad day.

roadkill
no ..............not yet.

751 ,barker pipe,290 Web cam,+3 stroker,TB bored to 46.8 and moved back from head 1 inch,+3 big bore , +1 intake valves, Hard Welded Rockers,KW springs, ported, clutch mod , air box removed ,Cat oil mod, dynojet commander V w/auto tune , lowered rear end , TRX450R front shocks ,
post #25 of 42 Old 06-28-2015, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Exclamation

Quote:
no ..............not yet.
Lets hope you never have it happen to you... A good practice is to have one of your party stationed at the top to head off anyone headed the other way. Another thing I noticed is, you posted in your sig., you have your airbox removed... Not good for sand! Sand is more than just sand... it has lots of fine sand particles and dust that can cause all kinds of havoc on a motor.

roadkill

"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters

post #26 of 42 Old 06-28-2015, 12:51 PM

Garage
an air box does not filter out sand . it does make for a good splash guard ,but I stay away from that kind of water .

I will be making and installing a paper type of filter . why ?? because its the best for keeping even the smallest of dirt particle's from getting through.
no air box also allows for a bigger filter , meaning dirt is far less likely to be drawn through and that is because there is more surface area on the filter. made one for my LTZ , do you want to see it ?

don't worry .....be happy

post #27 of 42 Old 06-28-2015, 12:55 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Quick View Post
Unfortunately at this time with my family life, I wouldn't be able to make a trip that far away. Hopefully once all the kids are grown, I will make it one day.

One of the thing's I love about riding in West Virginia is the elevation changes. When it's hot out side you can ride down to the creek level find some shade, and it will be 15 degrees cooler than up top in the sun. And vise versa when it's cooler out you can ride up top of a mountain and trail break in the sun.
did you know they just added 15 new miles of trail to rockhouse ?

post #28 of 42 Old 06-29-2015, 06:52 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My brothers and I will be making a Glamis trip from OKC in March 2016. First time going there and can't wait to see what it has to offer. I'm only 2 hours from Little Sahara and its a good place for what it is but I want to see some monster dunes. Taking 4 wheelers and my Maverick.

2008 TRX 700xx - Big 3
2008 TRX 450 - Stock
2006 YFZ 523 - far from stock
2014 Can-Am Maverick - Tons of mods
post #29 of 42 Old 06-29-2015, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
did you know they just added 15 new miles of trail to rockhouse ?
No, I have never road any of the HM trails. My family lives in WV. And there is endless riding, anywhere you go in that state. Most of them think the trail system is a joke, and I can't bring my self to pay the $50 for the trail pass. Some of there friends do it, just cause you don't have to worry about the trails being blocked or washed out. Also I'd have to trailer my quad there just to ride, when I can take off from there driveway in any direction.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #30 of 42 Old 06-30-2015, 07:28 PM

Garage
i have been to WV several times and I have talked to people that live there . I have yet to talk to any that live there that have ridden the HM tails . and they say there are better trails to ride . I find that odd

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode