Just Returned from Hatfield!! - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 04-12-2010, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just Returned from Hatfield!!

Well I drove 9 hours to the Hatfield trail system to arrive at my cabin and have my brand new 2008 trx700 sittin' there pretty waiting for me. The first ride was on the trails between Gilbert and Mann. I have ridden those trails before with a trx450r a 400ex and a kfx400. None of those machines even comes close to how fast and easily you can cover those trails!! WOW! This thing is so confidence inspiring it is just awesome. I rode with two friends, one on a kfx400 and the other on a bike, xr400. If we decided to light the wick and cover trail as fast as we could they couldn't stay with me at all. And my buddy on the bike is a very seasoned rider. He took my 700 for a spin and couldn't stop smiling for 10 minutes.

I had the dealer install razr's on the back and razr II's on the front, both on the stock wheels. I weigh 185 lbs with gear on, so I set the preload to full soft. The preload could have maybe been a bit harder but for the rocky trails with low altitude jumps it worked pretty good. We put in 350 miles of trail riding in 3 days and I didn't feel beat up or anything. I have been on ATV's since 1984 and haven't been this excited about a machine before.

I guess the reason for this thread is just to rave about how great of a trail machine this thing is, but, I'm sure everyone on here knows all that already.

Oh yeah! The craziest thing happened to me when crossing back into Canada at the Detroit boarder. The customs officer told me and my companions to return to the USA and wash the dirt off the quads as it was not allowed into Canada... So into Detroit I go to clean these things up. The customs officer in the US laughed and told me he does it to returning Americans as well.... Man what a bunch of d!cks!! Obviously pissed because they are in their booth instead of riding a quad. So be warned anyone traveling in over the boarder in either direction make sure you clean them before your return or you may get denied entry.

If you're goin' ridin', always, "Cock the Hammer!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 04-12-2010, 09:35 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I bet the dirt thing had to do with bringing alien plants into the country.

Glad you had fun though! You get to take any pictures?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 13 Old 04-12-2010, 10:05 PM

That is an awesome story,,,,,,,,,,Glad you love the Quad

08 700xx....Turkey Bay Rider....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 13 Old 04-12-2010, 10:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
It is amazing there on this machine. I did about that many miles last summer in 3 days, and then I got onto my 450R, and I tell you what, my back really started to hurt b/c of the straight axle and feeling every damn bump.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #5 of 13 Old 04-13-2010, 07:04 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Is Canadian mud any different from American mud? I would have cleaned the machines, grabbed a mud ball and threw it at him as I was passing through. At the Canadian I mean.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
post #6 of 13 Old 04-13-2010, 08:34 AM

Send a message via AIM to dagirl71
So you had it delivered to Hatfield? Thats very cool! Hatfield is a great place to ride! We have a gruop ride going in June. THen we have a group ride going in Oct to Brimstone/Royal Blue. We would love to come up by you for a group ride I have heard there are lots of trails! What time of the year and where is best to come to Canada?

Congrats on the new 700xx!!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Da Girl
Quit your whining get out and ride
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When you strive to be like someone all you end up being is a good copy of a great original!!!Be your own GREAT ORIGINAL!!!
post #7 of 13 Old 04-13-2010, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

[quote=scuzz;38515]I bet the dirt thing had to do with bringing alien plants into the country.

You're right, that was the story I got from the officer.

Is Canadian mud any different from American mud? I would have cleaned the machines, grabbed a mud ball and threw it at him as I was passing through. At the Canadian I mean.

I guess our mud is better and they don't want it cross contaminated... I thought about throwing something at him, yes the Canadian. But I didn't want to have the anal probe performed on me

post #8 of 13 Old 04-13-2010, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagirl71 View Post
So you had it delivered to Hatfield? Thats very cool! Hatfield is a great place to ride! We have a gruop ride going in June. THen we have a group ride going in Oct to Brimstone/Royal Blue. We would love to come up by you for a group ride I have heard there are lots of trails! What time of the year and where is best to come to Canada?

Congrats on the new 700xx!!!
Yep, delivered right to our cabin. It was awesome! There isn't really much riding around me. I have to drive 1-2 hours to get to any decent trails. I do hop over to Michigan from time to time as there are some really nice areas around Gladwin. In Canada we have an area similar to Hatfield up in Quebec. Lots and lots of trails and you can ride through some of the smaller towns as well, but Hatfield is actually closer to me as I am only 45 minutes away from the Detroit boarder crossing.

post #9 of 13 Old 04-13-2010, 09:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Have you ever watch Dirt Trax on Outdoor Channel, the crew is from Ontario and they have shown many nice trails in Ontario near the big lakes.

Here's their link; http://www.dirttraxtv.com/

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
post #10 of 13 Old 04-13-2010, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash04 View Post
Have you ever watch Dirt Trax on Outdoor Channel, the crew is from Ontario and they have shown many nice trails in Ontario near the big lakes.

Here's their link; http://www.dirttraxtv.com/
Never seen the show but you have to understand that Ontario is one huge province. It is over 400,000 square miles big. For a comparison the state of Kentucky is about 40,000. Yup 10 times larger. And all the really good trail systems are in the north and I am way down in the south. That's why Hatfield is closer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode