Little Sahara Oklahoma April 27-29 - Page 2 - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 Old 04-25-2010, 09:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I work in Olathe with Chuck....small world. I am headed down on the 28th with 3 other fellas. I ride a 700xx obviously, the other fellas will be on a 700 grizly, 400z, and a 400ex i believe. The olathe boys are mostly on Raptor 700s and of course chuck will be on that cute little 450yzf of his. I went down last year...they have added a new camping area since the last time you have been down. I told chuck that we should stay there but i think he is kinda wanting to stay on the other side. It doesnt matter, just as long as i have a place to park my 4 wheeler and drink beer. Its gonna be a good time though...there should be a good group down there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 04-25-2010, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwood View Post
I work in Olathe with Chuck....small world. I am headed down on the 28th with 3 other fellas. I ride a 700xx obviously, the other fellas will be on a 700 grizly, 400z, and a 400ex i believe. The olathe boys are mostly on Raptor 700s and of course chuck will be on that cute little 450yzf of his. I went down last year...they have added a new camping area since the last time you have been down. I told chuck that we should stay there but i think he is kinda wanting to stay on the other side. It doesnt matter, just as long as i have a place to park my 4 wheeler and drink beer. Its gonna be a good time though...there should be a good group down there.
Hopefully Chuck's "cute little 450" runs better than his even cuter 350 that he took the last time we went as a group!! Make sure to tell Chuck you heard rumor that it sure has been alot quieter around the old SJFD these past 3 years!! (since he went to Olathe)

I was depending on him to tell us where to park because he said that some of you all had been down recently. He mentioned the North campground? Said it was closest to the dune entrance? I would think we would have pretty much "choice" of the place. Would you suggest something different, we have atleast 2 travel trailers, a 30' flatbed, and 24' enclosed and want to park them all together?

How long have you had the XX? Any mods? What paddles? Looks like it is raining down there now, wonder if we'll even need paddles?

Cummins19
post #13 of 17 Old 04-25-2010, 12:31 PM

I have the ehs big 3. I have only been riding 1 time since i put it on though. I bought the quad in march. I have some sand shark paddles (i think that is what they are). They suck but i couldnt get any sand stars cause they were on back order everywhere so im just using some old ones that i have. The sand should dry out fast but im gonna put my paddles on and take my stocks just in case. We will have better luck getting all of us together if we stay in the older part (i think thats the north end), so i think that would be our best bet. What all do you have on your XX? Kinda funny that chuck had problems last time you went with him...he just got this 450 out of the shop the other day cause it wouldnt run...the last time i went riding with him he had just got a brand new motor put in it and that lasted about 3 hours before he had a major oil leak and had to call it a day....he must not have good luck...or maybe its cause he rides a POS yamaha

post #14 of 17 Old 04-25-2010, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Two of us purchased the EHS Big three, still in the sealed boxes they were shipped in though. Have only been on one 7 mile ride so far. Will have to put a quick break-in ride on it tomorrow change the oil and put the pipe and controller on. Was it any big deal putting it all on? We have five sets of sand stars waiting on us down at Stewart's buggy shop. He said he had two more sets mounted up for the XX's. I can get you the phone number if you wanted him to hold you a set. He is holding ours without a credit card just our word that we will take them when we get down there. Sounds like the North campground might be the way then.

Cummins19
post #15 of 17 Old 04-25-2010, 12:54 PM

I would love to have that phone number. What is he charging for them? The entire package took me about 30 min to install (and im dumb). You will love the sound of the barker exhaust....its loud
post #16 of 17 Old 04-25-2010, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwood View Post
I would love to have that phone number. What is he charging for them? The entire package took me about 30 min to install (and im dumb). You will love the sound of the barker exhaust....its loud
580-824-0327 ask for Randy. I don't think he is open Monday but you could call Tuesday morning and have him hold one of the two sets he had left. Or if you want we can let him know there is another fella coming down tomorrow that wants a set. $240 for 22X11X10 Sand stars mounted on douglas wheels. Do not remember what he wanted for the fronts. He said he is just North of the dunes.

Did you have to do any tuning with the fuel controller? Did the bike seem to run much better? I was a little disappointed in the stock power of these bikes.

Cummins19
post #17 of 17 Old 04-25-2010, 07:22 PM

Thanks man, ill give him a call. It didnt take any tuning at all and it ran much better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode