Silver Lake MI - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 07-28-2010, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Silver Lake MI

OK! Know that it's short notice but I should heading there this Sunday and will be there till Wednesday, if anybody wants to join me, let me know. Might also go towards Mio depending on time since Monday I'll need to find a place to register my bike. This is as of today and will know more for sure tomorrow.

Am ready to hit some sand

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-29-2010, 06:35 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nash you can get all of your state stickers at the gates to silver lake,and if by chance no state workers there you can go to David Allen Racing which is right outside the park. You will also need a dune flag, they are very specific on height and size of the flag. The flag you can get at most gas stations in that area or at D.A.R. If you have a stock grab bar be prepared for the flag mount to bust off mine lasted maybe 1 hr of my first ride there. Its my wifes birthday this weekend or I would be there for sure. I have a trip to there in the works for oct. 22-24 if you can make it back.

715 11:1 big bore
+1 intake valves
Sredrums +3 throttle body
PCV
NGK BKR6EKPB-11 spark plug
K&N air filter w/outerwares,
Barker exhaust
PBI sprockets /D.I.D chain
Stage 3 Elka's on all 4 corners
post #3 of 8 Old 07-29-2010, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info, will be staying @ http://www.duneswaterfrontresort.com...1=826200821216
Sunday thru Wednesday then start heading back since we are riding on Sunday over here.

Are they finicky about the sound level, noticed that they state they check the sound but tend to wonder if they actually do, 94DB is even lower than the Federal requirements!!

October...we are heading towards TN, sorry.

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)

post #4 of 8 Old 08-01-2010, 04:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to dagirl71
yeah I am jealous!!!! looking good Joe :)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Da Girl
Quit your whining get out and ride
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When you strive to be like someone all you end up being is a good copy of a great original!!!Be your own GREAT ORIGINAL!!!
post #5 of 8 Old 08-01-2010, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Nicky :-)
Got in town at 0430 but could not register to the hotel till 3pm so found a parking spot and snooze for about 2 hours then went to the dunes and hang around till they open the dunes at 9 then went riding and took some pictures till 2:30 talk about a long 2 day but overall it was fun, I was surprise on how good my Kutter XC tires did in the sand once I brought the pressure to 3 psi, could climb any hill with ease. To be honest these hills do not compare to Little Sahara in UT but they were still fun to climb, the dunes also remind me of Saint Anthony in ID, they have numerous ponds near the lake so you could ride thru them and feel the cold water splash on you except that it was salty, Nicky would love going thru these ponds. The area is not that big compared to the available size of the dunes, they have reserve only about a 3rd of the size for us to ride on which overall it's still pretty big especially with the amount of people that were there today, you still could find places to ride without worrying about being hit, well except for one kid on a dirt bike, guess that he hit another dirt bike and was taken to the hospital. There were some idiots out there but as long as you kept an eye on them you were ok. Could not video today since I forgot to empty my sd card last time, will video some tomorrow. Oh! by the way; the bike did suck allot of gas riding the dunes, glad that I brought my tank. Tomorrow shouldn't be as busy so it should be better and safer. I do have Kyle's sway bar and did notice a difference towards turning and stiffness but overall it did real good, will know more on Tuesday since I'll be riding some trails on that day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SLHillClimbing.JPG (57.6 KB, 14 views)

post #6 of 8 Old 08-02-2010, 09:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to dagirl71
Nice Joe wish I was there with you buddy!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Da Girl
Quit your whining get out and ride
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When you strive to be like someone all you end up being is a good copy of a great original!!!Be your own GREAT ORIGINAL!!!
post #7 of 8 Old 08-02-2010, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

This morning did some trail riding at this place;http://www.midnr.com/publications/pd...le_o_trail.pdf
and it was very technical due to tight turns which Kyle's swaybar worked great :-) and some parts were so tight the bike barely fit between the trees, one time the trees stop the bike, had to back up and make my own trail. The scary part of the trail is that it's a single trail just wide enough for an atv and due to the tight turns and visibility you had to be very careful for other bikes, also you had to watch for hidden tree roots, a couple of times I almost lost control of the bike due to those roots, let's say that my average speed was about 14 mph and the ones that know me, I like going fast!! Even though it was very technical, it was allot of fun and a good workout, now of course I wouldn't be on that trail during the weekends, too scary for a head on!! The trail is about 38 miles but it took me just a little more than 2 hours to do it.....now that's slow!!

Then I hit the dunes and took some video but will have to wait till I get back home to view since my "work" laptop doesn't have the proper software. Didn't stay too long there today, it was windy and blowing sand and after this morning, my body was tired.

post #8 of 8 Old 11-20-2010, 10:24 PM

the loops to the east of the little o are alot more 4wheeler friendly. You got Lincoln hills, north loop and south loop. those are all connected. then you have tincup. Ive been there alot... we really enjoy the woods and its so close to SL to get some sand!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode