User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 09-11-2010, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Where I rode today

www.demonrunatvtrails.com

This is a working farm with over 600 acres and 20+ miles of 2 track trails. There are multiple levels of difficulty on the trails and you can select more or less difficult sections as you ride. They have a small MX track, mud bog holes, fields, wide trails and some very tight, technical sections including some very steep trails with ruts, roots, rocks, twists and turns. The owners are extremely nice folks and will welcome you 12 months of the year (other than big game gun season). There is a campground right next to the farm where you can stay and they have food both at the campground and at a little diner in town (great food, BTW)

We had a blast. Rode the loop twice. Took us about 1.5 hours each time not including stops for water or time in the play areas. We had a Blaster 200, KFX700, my 700XX and a huge CanAm 800 4X4 with Jim and Cindy riding on it! We saw side by sides, and some other quads, but very little traffic overall.
The XX was a handful at the start of the day pushing badly in all the turns. I cranked up the preload which helped, but later in the day I took the front tires from 6 PSI to 10 which made a HUGE difference in how it handled. Much more sure footed and significantly less push.

One of the things I noticed is that the front end loves to jump into the air. Throttle in 1st or 2nd is often difficult to manage without extending the front suspension which unloads it and transfers weight to the rear...everything that you don't want when you're trying to turn this thing! Grab the front brakes and load the front end and it turns pretty well. I think I'm going to have my suspension guy revalve the DS450X shocks I bought so that the rebound dampening is very stiff as I believe this will help a lot on this machine.

Here's a couple of pics from the ride....I highly recommend this place if you like technical 2-track. If you've ridden the Hancock ATV rally ride you know what I mean.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-11-2010, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Some pics of their annual poker run

http://www.nytrostier.org/images/Dem...Run/index.html
post #3 of 8 Old 09-12-2010, 07:02 AM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
Did you actually get the pitch fork stuck in your tire? Or did you just happen to place it on there and one of the forks is missing? Seems like a pretty cool place.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!

post #4 of 8 Old 09-12-2010, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

Good eye! The pitchfork was missing a tine so I placed it there for a photo
post #5 of 8 Old 09-12-2010, 07:34 AM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
HAHA, I was just trying to figure out how it was staying up, but it looks like the tines were tight enough that you wedged the tire between them LOL.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #6 of 8 Old 09-12-2010, 09:52 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to bdr455
great pic of the pitch fork..

700xx
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BruteForce 650i
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

400 Sport Polaris

300ex

post #7 of 8 Old 09-12-2010, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

We took some video of the mud hole which I'll post up later. I forgot my helmet cams so nothing of the ride, but take my word for it...it was a good trail! 1st and second gear 90% of the time.
post #8 of 8 Old 09-21-2010, 12:18 PM

damn just mapquested and over 4 hours away!!! ouch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode