Hatfield McCoy Vs. Brimstone, Royal Blue, & Coal Creek - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 02-11-2011, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hatfield McCoy Vs. Brimstone, Royal Blue, & Coal Creek

Our riding group is looking at taking a trip later this year. We have been to Hatfield McCoy and loved it. We are also looking at Brimstone, Royal Blue, and Coal Creek, but have never been to any of the three.

Given the choice between Hatfield McCoy or the other three together, what are some opinions of people who have been to all?

Either trip would be a week long. It is 7 hours to Hatfield McCoy and 6.5 hours to the three near Knoxville, so the distance is about the same for us. Skill level of the riding group is good, so that really isn't a concern. The hard part is finding a week when we can all go.

LBL in KY is about as rocky as my XX has seen so far. Any recommendations on mods to help out would also be appreciated. I have belly skid, Holeshots all the way around, and steering dampener- so I think I got the basics covered. Thinking about shocks, but hard for me to justify.

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
KASH 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 02-11-2011, 10:34 PM

I liked Hatfield better than Brimstone. Never been to Royal blue or coal creek, but have heard good things about Coal creek. I think Royal blue is kinda expensive to ride there?
post #3 of 23 Old 02-11-2011, 10:43 PM

I will b going to lbl within a few weeks. It about 2 hours from me.

2008 Honda TRX700xx
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  • EHS Programmer.
  • EHS Lid.
  • Motoworks SR4 Full Exhaust.
  • Trail Tech Bar and Clamp.
  • PRM Front Bumper.
  • PRM Rear Bumper.
  • PRM Full Skids.
  • Pro Armor Fat Peg Nerf Bars.
  • L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar.

post #4 of 23 Old 02-11-2011, 10:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to dagirl71
I truly love Hatfield...but didnt get to ride Brimstome as much as I would have liked...seemed to be a lot of fireroads and would of liked something different...but would have split time between brimstone and coal creek if we could have. When Gumpus talks about coal creek makes me sure I will take the ride to Tenn again! i hear it is very technical ;)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Da Girl
Quit your whining get out and ride

When you strive to be like someone all you end up being is a good copy of a great original!!!Be your own GREAT ORIGINAL!!!
post #5 of 23 Old 02-15-2011, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Any opinions on the best place to stay at Hatfield?

This is where we went the last two trips:
http://www.thunderlodge.net/TL2/Home.html

KASH 2011
post #6 of 23 Old 02-15-2011, 06:17 PM

We stayed at vickers rentals hatfield mccoy treehouse. It has plasma tv, towel service, right on the river, across the street from the trails, and can sleep a lot of people. Its also on the rockhouse trailhead.

2008 red TRX700, CCP stabilizer, PRM Desert II, 13T sprocket, 23" Razr 2's, 11/16" sway bar,Elka Stage 2 Fronts, EHS Big 3, UNI filter, IMS PowerMadd Hand Guards, Wiigstyle rear shock re-spring, Teixeira Tech front upper A-arms,Precision Shock & Vibe clamps, Tusk Chub CR high bend, ODI Rouge grips, HCC seat cover, kenda kutter rear.

2010 camo Polaris Sportsman 850
post #7 of 23 Old 02-16-2011, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRX700XXX View Post
We stayed at vickers rentals hatfield mccoy treehouse. It has plasma tv, towel service, right on the river, across the street from the trails, and can sleep a lot of people. Its also on the rockhouse trailhead.
Is it on their website? I couldn't find the treehouse. Thanks!

KASH 2011
post #8 of 23 Old 02-16-2011, 09:21 PM

It used to be, I can't find it either. I know some other people on here stayed there too.

2008 red TRX700, CCP stabilizer, PRM Desert II, 13T sprocket, 23" Razr 2's, 11/16" sway bar,Elka Stage 2 Fronts, EHS Big 3, UNI filter, IMS PowerMadd Hand Guards, Wiigstyle rear shock re-spring, Teixeira Tech front upper A-arms,Precision Shock & Vibe clamps, Tusk Chub CR high bend, ODI Rouge grips, HCC seat cover, kenda kutter rear.

2010 camo Polaris Sportsman 850
post #9 of 23 Old 02-24-2011, 08:52 PM

anyone comeing to hatfield let me know if you want company on the trails. I live within driving distance and am always looking for someone to ride with
post #10 of 23 Old 02-24-2011, 08:54 PM

We stayed right beside the treehouse last year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode