So, you're going riding...what do you bring? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 02-09-2009, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
wink So, you're going riding...what do you bring?

I figured it would be helpful for us to have a list of things to bring when we go riding. I'm the kind of person who can't stand not having something to fix a broken item when it took me an hour and a half to load and an hour and twenty minutes to get there. I'd rather fix it there if I can than head home and cut my day short.

Anyway here's a list of basic items that I like to bring that varies according to the type of riding I'll be doing and the distance from my house I'll be with the quad. Some of these are out of order and not listed in order of importance.
  1. Keys - Nothing sucks more than getting to your riding spot and not having the keys to your quad with you. My quad came with two keys and I keep them in two separate locations with the other things I always bring with me.
  2. Helmet and rider protection items - duh.
  3. Gas can with gas in it - After every ride I dump the contents of my gas can into my hauler and fill it back up when I'm gassing it up for my next ride. This way I know with reasonable certainty that the gas I'm putting in my quad is good. I always store my gas can in my garage and out of the weather.
  4. Tools - I try to cover as many scenarios that don't require tearing the engine down. In my toolbox I bring metric wrenches and metric allen wrenches, metric sockets, different length drives and ratchets, glue/rtv, engine oil, air filter oil, needle nose pliers, dykes, screw drivers of every size, WD40, adjustable wrenches, channel locks and dishwashing liquid for cleaning a dirty air filter.
  5. Tire plugs - I was lucky to have brought these on my 3rd outting with my 700xx when I pinched the sidwall of my front tire.
  6. Air pump or air tank - After a flat you can't just wish air into the tire...
  7. Extra front sprocket - These things are around $20 and if you've ever worn one out...good luck on finding one at your local dealer(s). I had a buddy with a 700r who was willing to drive 300 miles and couldn't find one. He now keeps three with him.
  8. Extra grips - wear one out ot tear it in a whipe out and you'll wish you had them.
  9. oil filter - if you've ever swamped your four wheeler (I haven't with my 700XX) but I have a buddy who pond skims a LOT and as a result swamps his and get's oil in his crank case. He swears my a filter change and 7, yes S-E-V-E-N oil changes later the water is out of the oil.
  10. Oil - I bring a quart and a half. If I have leaked out more than that I've got bigger problems than not having enough oil. Plus EVERYWHERE has engine oil for sale.
  11. Drinks - It's awful hot during most of the year here in Texas and I even when I bring tons of this stuff I never drink enough and end up with heat exhaustion later in the evening.
  12. Camel pack - sometimes it's a long, long way back to base. During the summer I freeze mine and it serves a dual purpose.
  13. zip lock baggies - I like to bring a camera and I don't want it wet or dirty.
  14. Toilet paper. Yeah.
  15. Baby wet wipes - great for wiping that dirt grin off of your face, also great for cleaning wounds.
  16. First aid kit.
  17. Pain Killers - I bring Tylenol or something like it that won't effect me while riding, but like, I'm old so I take a few before I head out to nip it in the bud.
  18. Cell Phone - you never know when you might need to phone a friend.
  19. Proper clothing and sometimes extra clothing just in case of rain.(found that out the hard way this weekend)
  20. Tow strap - you never know when *someone else* is going to get stuck.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Last edited by scuzz; 02-09-2009 at 11:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 02-09-2009, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
19. Proper clothing and sometimes extra clothing just in case of rain.(found that out the hard way this weekend)
post #3 of 27 Old 02-09-2009, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschuck View Post
Added! Thanks!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

post #4 of 27 Old 02-09-2009, 11:32 AM

Tow strap, if not for me, for someone else.

08 TRX700XX
88 LT500R QUADZILLA
06 DVX400 (Son's)
06 TRX250EX (Wife's)
post #5 of 27 Old 02-09-2009, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfm2010 View Post
Tow strap, if not for me, for someone else.
Added! Thanks!

post #6 of 27 Old 02-09-2009, 11:42 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Dead bodies and a shovel
post #7 of 27 Old 02-09-2009, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smo0oth1 View Post
Dead bodies and a shovel

Sorry, this isn't the Big Red forum:

http://www.bigredforums.com/

Yes, I was surprised that they already had a forum too.

Last edited by scuzz; 02-09-2009 at 11:52 AM.
post #8 of 27 Old 02-09-2009, 01:51 PM

Spare lug nuts, an assortment of zip-ties for fixing your friends Suzuki and Can-am's
post #9 of 27 Old 02-09-2009, 02:05 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to trailin'me
chix!

favorite equipment:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

08 Acura MDX (really a pimped out Honda Pilot)
08 Honda TRX700xx
08 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14 Special Edition
07 Honda TRX250ex
07 Kawasaki 250x jet ski
post #10 of 27 Old 02-09-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailin'me View Post
chix!
My Wife won't let me.

08 TRX700XX
88 LT500R QUADZILLA
06 DVX400 (Son's)
06 TRX250EX (Wife's)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode