Hatfield McCoy May 13-15 - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 04-22-2011, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hatfield McCoy May 13-15

Heading down to Rockhouse in May. Anyone else going to be there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-22-2011, 09:33 PM

Ok I have a question? Why does everyone from out of state want to go to rockhouse? that is the worst trailhead(as far as us locals are concerned)in the trail system
post #3 of 7 Old 04-22-2011, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmonkey700xx View Post
Ok I have a question? Why does everyone from out of state want to go to rockhouse? that is the worst trailhead(as far as us locals are concerned)in the trail system
We picked it because it was one of the few places that could sleep our whole party. I liked the trails at Pinnacle Creek much more than rockhouse. I'm sure the "outlaw" trails are even better because they don't get nearly as much use but you need to be familiar with the area or have a gps if you don't want to get lost.

2008 red TRX700, CCP stabilizer, PRM Desert II, 13T sprocket, 23" Razr 2's, 11/16" sway bar,Elka Stage 2 Fronts, EHS Big 3, UNI filter, IMS PowerMadd Hand Guards, Wiigstyle rear shock re-spring, Teixeira Tech front upper A-arms,Precision Shock & Vibe clamps, Tusk Chub CR high bend, ODI Rouge grips, HCC seat cover, kenda kutter rear.

2010 camo Polaris Sportsman 850

post #4 of 7 Old 04-22-2011, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

I didn't plan the trip, but I can tell you that judging solely by the trailsheaven website, Rockhouse definitely seems to appeal to what we're looking for. This will be my first trip down there, but my brother rode Rockhouse last year and loved it. Where would you recommend?
post #5 of 7 Old 04-23-2011, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmonkey700xx View Post
I have been to all six trailsheads, and I think that Rockhouse is the 2nd best. Only Bearwallow is better IMO because it is the toughest.

08 700xx aka hillclimber

"If you want something done right, do it yourself"

Dominated...
SW, PA
Wellsville, OH
Buffalo Mtn, WV
Little Coal River, WV
Bearwallow, WV (every blk/red trail)
Rockhouse, WV (every blk/red trail)
Indian Ridge, WV
Pinnacle Creek, WV
post #6 of 7 Old 04-23-2011, 07:15 PM

ok rockhouse is the ruffest most beat to death trail in the system. problably because that is where everyone goes mostly but also it was like that 2 weeks after they opened it. most likely why they named it rockhouse. We ride a little faster than most do but our first trip we had 16 flats out of 3 quads and 1 bike. I rate it the worst trail in the system. but it seems to get the most advertiseing and has the most rental property around it, which is probably why it gets rode the most. I was just curious why it is that everyone chooses that one. and yeah my favorite is probably bearwallow. I ride little coal river more than any other but only because it is really close for me and several companies that i do business with do sponsored rides there. we can normally ride that whole trail head twice in a day (the good parts 4 or 5 times each way) any way i was just wondering and hope you all enjoy our trails regardless of which ones you ride. i think Wv has probably got more land open to riding than anywhere I have ever been(mostly east of the mississippi river) so enjoy
and remember
leave it like you found it and
happy trails
post #7 of 7 Old 05-16-2011, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

@ quadmonkey, You were right about Rockhouse being beat up, there were some parts that were brutal. I suffered two flats, one on a new ITP Holeshot, and the other on a stock front. That being said, we still had a blast and rode the hell out of the trails. there were two trails where we were able to pin it in fifth for awhile, and overall we liked it a lot. Next time we're hitting Bearwallow for sure. Anyway, if Rockhouse is the worst trail down there, I cant wait to rip up the other five!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode