Moto Mountain Park - Fairmount, GA - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 06-25-2011, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Moto Mountain Park - Fairmount, GA

My buddy and I took our new 09 700XX's out today and rode some of the trails. A little muddy in spots but hey, gotta break in these new rides at some point so today was the day.

Rode the Pee-Wee and trail C just to get a feel for the quad and a good initial layer of Georgia clay.

Then turned on the GoPro helmet cam and took off to trail E. Yikes! Rocky, Rutty and did I mention Rutty? Good thing we had just installed our skids yesterday cause we surfed down a lot of center ridges as there was no where to go but into the 12" ruts!

We were scooting along pretty good up a bumpy rocky portion and I stopped at the next turn/intersection to wait for my buddy. Well, he pulled up with an extra passenger . . . a sharp stick that had ripped off his left cv boot. Crudola! Couldn't have done that even if you were trying.

Instead of getting that thing packed up with mud we decided to call it quits after only 1.5 hours in the park. Went to the Honda dealer in Canton GA, ordered a boot for next time.

We hope to return soon as it's only about a 30 minute drive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 700XX Black - 13T, PRM Desert II + Side Bars (black), L8ton 9/16, Power Form Pro complete skids, K&N, EHS Big 3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-25-2011, 10:01 PM

Cool... Been meaning to try it out. Like $20 a day?

I understood there were some tough power line trails. I'd like to hit those...

FMF factory 4.1 & Powerbomb
FMF programmer
13 tooth front
Moose bumper
Uni Filter
Custom sway bar mod

This is a free country and I have the permits, licenses, stamps, tags, stickers, background checks and tax receipts to prove it!
post #3 of 7 Old 06-29-2011, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

My buddy and I are headed back to Moto Mountain this coming Saturday. Hope to get there early before it starts to roast. We both have black TRX 700XX's

2009 700XX Black - 13T, PRM Desert II + Side Bars (black), L8ton 9/16, Power Form Pro complete skids, K&N, EHS Big 3

post #4 of 7 Old 07-02-2011, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Wow, we had a blast today. Trails A, B and C are great with C being my favorite. Trail A seems more for dirt bikes with some huge jumps and high banked turns but maybe that's just my inexperience showing. There is no way I'm about to hit one of those monster jumps and go sailing for 30 feet in the air!

We had another TRX 700XX member here help us find our way out when we somehow got on to a trail that was unmarked and still under construction. Can't remember his screen name but he lives in Roswell and was way cool. Thank you!

post #5 of 7 Old 07-10-2011, 12:11 AM

Got a chance to ride Motomountain today. Some rough sections on trail D and E, but a lot of fun. Flying up the steep powerlines was cool and the view up top was nice. They had the new trail open and it was a blast (except where there was cut section with about 200 tree stumps...dodged 199 and number 200 caught the front wheel and damn near ripped my hand off)

Trail C was cool and I hit some of the jumps pretty hard. Realized two things today...I really don't need any more power. Not for this kind of riding. Second, I need to spend money on shocks soon. They are really needed on these bumpy trails and if if you want to hit a big jump at anything more than idle.

FMF factory 4.1 & Powerbomb
FMF programmer
13 tooth front
Moose bumper
Uni Filter
Custom sway bar mod

This is a free country and I have the permits, licenses, stamps, tags, stickers, background checks and tax receipts to prove it!

Last edited by xxTheDarkLumpxx; 07-10-2011 at 12:16 AM.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-10-2011, 03:16 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
I would look into getting a steering stabilizer also , it will save youre wrists.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-10-2011, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxTheDarkLumpxx View Post
. . . Second, I need to spend money on shocks soon. They are really needed on these bumpy trails and if if you want to hit a big jump at anything more than idle.
I was thinking that too. I'm not a tiny guy at 230lbs so I would think shocks would certainly help. Considerations?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode