User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-06-2009, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KTM265
Mines and Meadows

Recently I was flown out to PA with Kawasaki for a test ride at Mines and Meadows ATV/RV Resort. I wasn't sure what to expect, I figured some good rock climbing and trails...They said they had a mine that we ride in and my thought there was a train tunnel or something like that. Nope... It's an old underground mine and you go underground. It's a constant 55 degrees, dark and wet... Plenty of water and mud to have fun in.

Out on the ground...or should I say above ground you'll find just about anything you could want. There are crazy rock climbs, hill climbs, fast trails and plenty of tight woods. If the GNCC is looking for a new place put a race, this would be a great location...above and below ground.

After a day of riding and taking pictures... We went on a tour of the rest of the grounds. They also have a full asphault track there for auto racing and a nice little go-kart track with rentals available. Yes we had to test those out... I was cranking laps around 41-42 seconds per lap. Everyone has a transponder on so you get yoru individual lap times. I finished 3 in our second race. After 20 minutes in the seat of those machines I was more tired then a full day of ATV riding. Hats off to those kids that race those all weekend long.

Here is a link to Mines and Meadows. Check it out if you're in PA... nice place to ride. http://www.minesandmeadows.com/index.htm

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy Crap, What a Ride!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-06-2009, 10:17 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
post #3 of 7 Old 05-06-2009, 03:30 PM

In Wampum huh? I've been to BeaveRun several times but never to this place, looks worthwhile.

post #4 of 7 Old 05-06-2009, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post
So, who do you know at Dirtwheels?
ATV Illustrated and Kawasaki set this one up...

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy Crap, What a Ride!"
post #5 of 7 Old 05-07-2009, 04:02 PM

Nice underground riding..looks fun
post #6 of 7 Old 05-07-2009, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

I'm planning on setting up a group ride in 2010 there. The marketing director from Mines and Meadows is going out to St Anthony's Dunes in July with us. We'll be working on some dates and such.

post #7 of 7 Old 05-09-2009, 06:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
KTM

Are u talking about St Anthony in Idaho, they're great! Been there many times, have u gone to Little Sahara in Utah, they are also fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode