Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Anyone know my frustration?

7K views 34 replies 15 participants last post by  Black&Blue7XX 
#1 · (Edited)
I am the type of person that is not brand loyal towards material items. I like Ford,Chevy,Dodge, Honda,Yamaha, etc but I have never noticed so much hatred towards something until I bought my 700xx. I know the I.R.S and styling are not gonna be appealing to some people but jeez, it's the black sheep of the ATV community. It seems any time someone asks a question about them on one of the Facebook pages, majority of the replies say "junk", "piece of bleep", "over weight, slow pig's" and so on. I know the quad has it's limitations but find me one that doesn't. I took mine to the dunes this past weekend, surprisingly it got a lot of attention cause none of the guys I rode with had seen one in action before but I was riding with knobbies, so I couldn't race their Raptors to see how well I would do. They all had to mention the 80ish extra pounds the Honda weighs but they weighed 100lbs more then me, so the weights were offset at that point. It's just annoying how people can consider something junk, when half of them have never even ridden whatever they are talking about. I have owned vehicles from other manufacturers and yes, I liked some more then others and no the 700xx isn't my favorite quad of all time but I would never consider it junk, just cause it's not the fastest quad around or not the lightest. It doesn't get the credit it deserves, I rode all day and never got fatigued, wasn't sore the next day, never got stuck and it ran great! Some poor girl was riding with us on a stock 400ex with dirt tires and she constantly kept getting stuck.

See less See more
#2 ·
TaintedStang,
Upon reading the threads/posts on this forum, many other opinions of the TRX700XX will emerge that will, I hope, give you another perspective. These machines are different but in a wonderful way. With the 4 wheel independent suspension and a dry sump oiling system plus many other different features that may or may not be available on other bikes, this machine stands out with good looks, high performance and reliability that is heads and shoulders above many others. It also has a reverse in the transmission. Even the 2015 Honda 450 is still in the Stone Age without a reverse. Yes, the XX isn't made anymore but is highly sought after. The suspension did have some issues but was easily remedied with the addition of new shocks or re-springing them.
If you enjoy the machine, who cares what others think/say. You own it and should be proud of it. You have come to the right place for many and varied opinions of the machine but generally speaking is mostly good.
Sid

#3 ·
Don't get me wrong, I do like the quad. It would just be nice if we didn't have to deal with so many idiot's. LOL I don't see why people can't be open minded like me. Right now I own the Honda and a Kawasaki KFX 700, the Kawasaki gets a lot of hate as well but the reason people hate both quads is what appeals to me.

#4 ·
People can be ignorant fools. The 700xx is a great quad, and probably the most innovative thing Honda has done in decades. Unfortunately, Honda's timing sucked and the recession pretty much killed it. I have an Outlaw IRS which also gets its share of vocal haters. I went to IRS because of my back. If others don't like it, fine, they don't have to ride it. In the meantime it allows me continue to ride quads, which I love, and allows me to ride all day without getting beat up, which my back loves. If there had been any 700xx's available when I was in the market I probably would have had another Honda in my garage. Ride on and enjoy what you have. You got some good quads.

#6 ·
I see your amusement. after riding both the 700 and the 400ex, each machine is special in its own way and you need to ride it so. both machines are wheelie monsters, you can just about take both machines anywhere just not exactly the same.
People that talk bad usually haven't pushed the machine, so are just running around repeating what their friends have said.
Ride, live, enjoy
Remember one does not simply walk up and kiss a Wookie.

#7 · (Edited)
I love my 700xx. Some others that had low opinions of them but hadn't ridden one are just stupid... I've let a few friends ride mine and the general reaction is: "Holy crap, that thing is fast". How fast? I took my 700xx to Pismo Dunes with sand tires and lined up with anyone... I lost only one race... to a highly modded Banshee, nobody else even came close, including several Raptors. I was way behind the Banshee when he launched and couldn't catch up.

roadkill

#11 ·
I can't wait to get a chance to race a stock Raptor to see how I do
from riding with lots of raptors i would say they are the same.. The trx is heavier but it has a bit more hp ?
Get on the rocks and the raptors and renegades just cant match the speed and ease of the honda !
I was a massive raptor fan, but after living with the honda i would never want another raptor.

#13 ·
I have a 700xx and love it. I trail ride it and use it as a pit vehicle at the drags. Everyone wonders what it is....I tell them, its damn fast and a ton of fun..Guys on the 4wd's were shocked at how well it keeps up with them on the muck on the trails...I don't go and bury it, but I like riding it like it was stolen.

If Honda comes out with a new one, I will be all over it. If I didn't own one, it either be a 700 raptor or a KFX 450r...Been hoping Honda comes out with a new one of these soon.

#14 ·
I've had mine since 2009 and still love it. Had a beach cross event this weekend and pulled of 2 holeshots against 2, 2015 sportsman 1000's. We were doing 80mph into the first corner. I got the usual crap about all the things wrong with my quad and all I did was reply , "Try and keep up will ya !". Big Rex has gained alot of fans and alot of respect over the last 6 years racing.

#15 ·
I got the usual crap about all the things wrong with my quad and all I did was reply , "Try and keep up will ya !". Big Rex has gained alot of fans and alot of respect over the last 6 years racin.
That's the best part in my opinion. It's annoying when you read biased and untrue claims from keyboard warriors online, most of whom never seen a xx to begin with but when your get the chance to show them up right after they pick out the "flaws" it's satisfying.

My friend is a 250r nut and was very skeptical of both the weight and IRS. we finally got together for a ride last fall and he left with a completely different take on the xx. We did a few drag races, hill climbs, trails and rode around my flat circuit track for a while and my XX's outperformed the R in every situation imaginable.

#17 ·
Just yesterday a guy posted on a Facebook group I am a member of asking about the Bombardier DS650 and the keyboard warriors were all over the post calling it junk, a turd and all kinds of stuff. LOL I am the type of person that doesn't a lot of research before buying something, I rarely ask for advice before buying something, cause you are either gonna get one sided opinions or opinions from keyboard warriors. I lurked all over this forum before buying my 700xx but I never made a post until I bought the quad. I wish their was some way you could make a chart showing how many buyers changed there minds on buying one brand just because a bunch of keyboard warriors told them it was not as good as another brand.

#18 ·
Line it up against any stock 450, 660 and 700...it is equal if not faster than all if them. I have some basic mods to mine but all stock motor and it rolled past all stock and some lightly moded 450/700's. It even stays right on the back wheels of my son's Suzuki 450 which is the king of racing 450's and has a lot of upgrades. Plus, the XX is unique, has tons of torque, wheelies at will and is very comfortable to ride compared to any high reving stiff 450 racer I have had. I'm 40 now but run with my 16 yr old kid and his buddy's all day...just take a motrin at night! Lol

#19 ·
It's crazy that you can go to the dunes and 90% of the quads riding around are some brand of 450. People find something good and everyone seems to follow behind, just like how the Banshee used to be the most popular dune quad. I love the 450 quads but comfort and torque are not their strong points.

#22 ·
disagree

I totally disagree w/ anyone that thinks the 700xx is ugly. the looks are what caught my eye to start with. the independent suspension really did it for me. I`ve been riding a long time, from 96mph 500quadracers, 400x Hondas(least favorite) 250quadracers,which I always felt like I was setting in it, instead of on top of it like the Hondas(really old bad suspension tho)and 700kingquads. I`m 68 now and really like to have a smooth ride, and don`t have to be the fastest anymore.(want to be there w/ them tho). I think the 700 is the best looking bike I`ve ran across lately. always thot the banshee was the ugliest thing ever made, looks like an old farmall tractor to me !!----jmo---bob

#27 ·
I too had a 400ex, stolen with the trailer it was on in waco, I had mine for 6mos, I enjoyed it, I bought it for riding with my kids and their 90s, I am 245lbs so the suspension got a work out. After riding the 700 it was like comparing a tangerine and an orange. tangerine is cute, has the vitimans, and fun to eat. the orange has MORE vitimans, bigger, and fills the void better. Similar but different. I wish I still had my 400 my son is now ready for a bigger machine. I cant knock others rides if you are happy with yours why put others toys down.... unless your jelous? hmmm :beat:

#29 ·
I wouldn't say everyone hates the 700xx...in fact I've definitely had more compliments than anything. The 700xx is a hit at every atv jamboree I've been to.

Many friends of mine own raptor 700r's and one owns a kawi 700. The 700xx out performs them all. I've been riding with them for years and they'll all admit it. The guy with the Kawi always asks when I want to sell it. The raptor owners hate on it just cause they have to haha. Wouldn't be normal if they didn't. But I don't strut around with it I'm just out there to have fun! To each his own.

#30 ·
The raptor owners hate on it just cause they have to haha
Says who?

#31 ·
Every friend who owns a raptor....its like the Ford Chevy Dodge thing, which is better. Same thing when it comes to our trucks. Its all just fun and games.

#32 ·
I was a raptor rider and thought the honda looked very ugly !
Ok from the back but didnt really like it, although was always wanting an irs quad and the few polaris i saw always ate rear bushes and berings every ride out !
I chose irs over looks and bought a honds.. Now i love it !

#33 ·
Its all just fun and games.
Absolutely....I was just poken at ya. Myself, I don't really care for the looks of the XX, but have no issues with those that like them, to each their own....

Fortunately, I never have to worry about seeing one in front of me unless I want them there.:lmao:

#35 ·
Fortunately, I never have to worry about seeing one in front of me unless I want them there.:lmao:

Hahaha prime example. Well played.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.