Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Any ideas?????

5K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  THREESVTS 
#1 ·
I have a major problem here. I got my Alba exhaust today and they failed to send me the mid pipe. I called them and asked what the deal was and they don't have anymore in stock. I no longer have my stock pipe and I sold my Yoshimura to Skier207. I have a ride planned for this weekend with about 20 people coming in from all over and I don't have a ride:cry: I seriously DO NOT want to buy another pipe from a local dealer who has an HMF S/O for $230 because of someone's F#CK up! Now what can I do?

#2 ·
demand skier207 to give your yosh back. Just kiddin. That sucks man, I swear to god it does. Hassle alba to see what they can do by overnighting it so it gets to your house Fri. I know you said they where out but i can imagine they have something that would work for you in a pinch. Good luck on what ever happens.

#4 ·
He said their pipe guy isn't answering his phone and suspects he's out for the holidays. He said as soon as he gets word on the mid pipe he's sending it next day air to me. There's no chance that I'll have it by Friday now. I'm going out in a few minutes to get the HMF slip on. Sooooo.... Anyone want to buy an HMF slip on with ONE ride on it????

#6 ·
I really appreciate it, but I have the stock header. Wish I had the stock pipe though. The dealer gave me a little break on the price of the HMF pipe so it's not too bad.

#8 ·
He said as soon as he gets word from his pipe maker he'll next day one out to me. I hope it's pretty soon because I really want to feel the difference between the Yoshi, and now HMF slip on, and Alba's full exhaust.

#9 ·
I have a major problem here. I got my Alba exhaust today and they failed to send me the mid pipe. I called them and asked what the deal was and they don't have anymore in stock. I no longer have my stock pipe and I sold my Yoshimura to Skier207. I have a ride planned for this weekend with about 20 people coming in from all over and I don't have a ride:cry: I seriously DO NOT want to buy another pipe from a local dealer who has an HMF S/O for $230 because of someone's F#CK up! Now what can I do?
Now I feel bad for buying your Yoshi.. I wonder if a local muffler shop could make you a mid pipe?

#10 ·
This sort of thing really isn't good enough.......for a start I thought better of Alba. I have dealt with them on a few occations and have always had a good experience but the company has gone through alot lately and things are obviously still being sorted out. It sounds like they knew they sent you an exhaust that was incomplete.

#11 ·
Skier don't feel bad because its not your fault. I would not have imagined a major pat of an exhaust system would fail to be shipped with the rest of it. At least now I do have the HMF pipe to use until the mid pipe is shipped from Alba. Also since the Alba has no provision for a spark arrestor I guess it would be a good idea to have an exhaust that I could install one in for places like Hatfield McCoy when I go back there next year.

#12 ·
Skier don't feel bad because its not your fault. I would not have imagined a major pat of an exhaust system would fail to be shipped with the rest of it. At least now I do have the HMF pipe to use until the mid pipe is shipped from Alba. Also since the Alba has no provision for a spark arrestor I guess it would be a good idea to have an exhaust that I could install one in for places like Hatfield McCoy when I go back there next year.
No spark arrester in the Alba system? That wouldn't work for me, most places I ride they are required. I think Alba should comp you on the price, for all your trouble. I mean how could they send you out an incomplete exhuast system. Did anyone even look in the box? :steamed:

I am curious to hear how the Yoshi, HMF, and Alba systems compare.

#13 ·
Yeah you would think that a company with the so called "Elite" reputation would double check their shipments. The Yoshi and HMF both had check cards attached to the pipe showing and confirming the required parts/hardware. I know the HMF is much louder and deeper than the Yoshi but I'm sure the power is identical. I haven't driven it yet with the HMF, just started it in the garage.

#15 ·
I truly do appreciate you guys trying to help me out on this one and get me going for the weekend. If the distance wasn't so far between everyone I think, no matter what the problem was for any member, somehow we would all come together and help a member that needed it. You guys are awesome!!:yay:

#16 ·
Just an update. Alba called and said the mid pipe was sent out yesterday. Hopefully it'll get here by Friday. I'm really curious is it's all it's cracked up to be.

#18 ·
Yes I got it. I haven't really had time to ride it other than up and down my driveway. It's just over 1,000 feet long and blacktop so I was able to get fully into the throttle. It does feel stronger in the mid and upper range. Haven't done a plug check yet so it may still need some tuning.

#19 ·
Just a follow up here. After the initial install I had a problem with the mounting point on the mid pipe lining up correctly with the frame mounting point. I had to bend the bracket slightly on the can, bolt it up, then make the mid pipe fit, then pull and pry to get the header into position. I took pics of how bad the whole thing fit together and sent them to ALBA and they had no clue what the problem was. They wanted me to send it back at my expense and test fit it on their machine but I think not. Anyway its all on there now. Just a few leaks from their rivets is all I had. Sealed with RTV gasket maker and all is good now. Feels MUCH stronger now than with the slip on. On black top and not even trying it'll yank the tires off the ground in 3rd gear!! Fit and finish is lacking though so I'm not sure if it was really worth all the effort. Too bad Yoshimura does not make a full exhaust for our 700's.

#22 ·
wow!!!!

#23 ·
Yeah WOW is right. Def not worth the effort, trouble or anything.

#25 ·
Well I have installed over a dozen exhausts on ATV's,about 10 on motorcycles and not once have I ever had to install one from the can forward. I understand getting everything to fit first but this was not the case. I'm glad it worked for you though. The power is great, but the end result could have been achieved with any of the numerous full exhausts out there. The problems with them not shipping the mid pipe, the fit just do not add up to a so called "elite" manufactuer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.