45 yr old fat guy wants to race - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 09-04-2013, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
45 yr old fat guy wants to race

Yep thats me lol. I have a stock 08 xx and I want to try racing nothing crazy.I been watching Baxters videos here is the thread

https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7438

No crazy jumps I like the small road coarse type of track like in his videos.now what would I need to do to my xx over this winter to have it ready and where in northeast ohio and surrounding areas can I find this kind of racing

thanks very much
mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-04-2013, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

hmm after going over that thread and reading everything I dont think I could afford to do that lol. seems for racing it would be better to just get the 450r wouldnt it handle betther and cost less money to have it race ready
post #3 of 9 Old 09-04-2013, 10:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Garage
http://ramjamsportsplex.com/Home/tabid/570/Default.aspx

dont know if they race there but a place to run all winter long...

Yea racing cost $ the faster you wanna be the more $ it's gonna take.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by M_Quick; 09-04-2013 at 10:42 PM.

post #4 of 9 Old 09-08-2013, 08:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mike what part of the country are you in? I'm also a 40's(47) year old fat guy. Don't even think about MX. Cross country is not bad but get out and ride ride ride. and not just ride but ride at "race pace" for 2 hours at a time. That's what most XC races are. Don't plan on being competitive the first time out, but with the XX it's a little easier to be competitive as a bigger guy than it is on an SRA. depending on what part of the country you are in, North east the woods are tighter and and tougher on an IRS quad. The other parts of the country the woods are a little more open and easier to be competitive with little experience with our XX's
post #5 of 9 Old 09-08-2013, 09:54 PM

just go out and have fun, you will know what you need as your skill demands,

you dont stop riding because your to old, you get old because you stop riding!
post #6 of 9 Old 09-09-2013, 06:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
I would say if you are keeping it stock, I'd atleast get some nerf bars. Better tires possibly. Most races make you have a working Tether switch. Bark busters are also a good idea. That is the bare minimum I would do. IDK of anything in OH really. If you are into traveling and in NE Ohio, can come up to southern tier of NY for WNYOA, which is ranked #1 race series for dirtbikes and atvs in the country (not sure what category it is number 1 but it is for something), there is a race almost every weekend in the summer, and one of the races like this past weekends is a GNCC sanctioned event at Unadilla. Half of there races incorporate a small portion of MX tracks into the XC tracks. Lots of competitors, from 12 yrs old to 60, beginners to experts. Tracks are roughly 10 to 15 miles long. But as monkey said, just get out there and ride as hard as you can for 2 hours, it's the best practice you can get.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #7 of 9 Old 09-09-2013, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Thank you guys, I am in mentor ohio, right on lake erie, I am close to pine lake, yankee lake and I am not to far from http://ramjamsportsplex.com/Home/tabid/570/Default.aspx.
After I decided not to trade for the 450 er I decided to put some money into my xx so I cashed out my vacation time and had 1500.00 and was in heaven looking and trying to figure out everything I needed to get, Then my son (24yrs) was really wanting a quad and he found a 05 400 ex for 1500 and I bought it for him on Friday.
I cant wait to get the new rims and tires on this it looks stupid with the 24" bear claws on it lol
post #8 of 9 Old 09-09-2013, 05:46 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Glad you're keeping the 700xx. I see you were thinking of selling it because of my post's. I've had mine since 2009 and tried alot of things, some were complete failures and some worked. It doesn't need alot of mods to make the 700xx alot better, I look at some of the stuff and think "why".lol.

Everything I tried and learnt , I would do differant next time around. Depending on you're weight but I would change for better tyres, upgrade the front shock, even Elka stage 1's are alot better than stock,then Ed's upper a arms. The rears I would get rebuilt. The only other parts ,I used in stock mode is Uni air filter ,EHS airbox lid and EHS programmer. I like stock motor ,exhaust setup.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #9 of 9 Old 09-09-2013, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Baxter, I really enjoy watching your videos. I will take ur advice, I have this winter to get it set up and I will take it to the indoor track to get used to it.I would only run in local races that are not to far. and the rest of my riding will be with all my friends on trails and where ever they ride. thanks again bro
mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode