User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 68 Old 06-11-2009, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
weight loss

Any Ideas , I want it down to 425 lbs. I do cross country which means no lights etc.etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 Old 06-11-2009, 09:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Take a box of ExLax and that should about drop 30 pounds overnight Geez 80lbs is a lot to take out. But I guess lighter wheels and tires, and carbon fiber anywhere you can manage to put it. Not sure where else you can take it from.

2008 Honda 700xx Red/Black, Full Alba Exhaust, UNI Filter, EHS Lid, PC3, 13T Front,Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper (BIGGEST P.O.S EVER MADE), Pro Armor Full Chassis/Swing Arm Skids, PRM A-Arm Skids, Maxxis RAZR fronts and rears. In the works, ported/polished head, custom cam, ported T/B.

1997 Toyota Supra Black/Black with a little boost and 1300 hp
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Mustang Cobra ditched the S/C for a 80mm hairdryer
2007 Yamaha R1 Charcoal/Black
2013 BMW 335 Coupe Deep Sea Blue/Black
post #3 of 68 Old 06-11-2009, 09:41 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Titanium parts, lighter shocks, the stock ones weigh a ton. The engine actually weighs less than a 450r's does.

Oh and the stock exhaust is heavy as well.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

post #4 of 68 Old 06-11-2009, 09:44 PM

425lbs wet...........ummmmm...........thats alot of weight saving.

Gutting the electrics will save you a bit but not that much. Maybe if you ran 4 x Fox Floats......????

IMO most of the extra weight on the 700XX is in the engine. It's a heavy engine in the first place but then you add the sub-transmission and you end up with one heavy mother.

In some circumstances I think the weight helps. The extra weight is central and keeps the quad planted when some others tend to get kicked about because they are so light.

Linc
post #5 of 68 Old 06-11-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post
Titanium parts, lighter shocks, the stock ones weigh a ton. The engine actually weighs less than a 450r's does.

Oh and the stock exhaust is heavy as well.
I haven't weighed it so I can't say for sure but I cant see a 450R engine weighing more than the 700XX's. The 700XX has bigger everything plus reverse and the sub-trans where the 450R is based off a MX engine
.............it's got to be lighter.

I do agree that you could save a ton from the exhaust.

Linc
post #6 of 68 Old 06-11-2009, 10:52 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I actually read that, I'll site my source as soon as I find it.

I can't find it...grrrrr

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Last edited by scuzz; 06-11-2009 at 11:03 PM.
post #7 of 68 Old 06-11-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzLinc View Post
425lbs

IMO most of the extra weight on the 700XX is in the engine. It's a heavy engine in the first place but then you add the sub-transmission and you end up with one heavy mother.

Linc
I would say it's mostly in the rear suspension. You have 2 of everything. 2 shocks, 2 springs, 2 upper and 2 lower a arms. It's heavy duty stuff built to withstand most of what the average rider will throw at it.

2008 Honda 700xx Red/Black, Full Alba Exhaust, UNI Filter, EHS Lid, PC3, 13T Front,Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper (BIGGEST P.O.S EVER MADE), Pro Armor Full Chassis/Swing Arm Skids, PRM A-Arm Skids, Maxxis RAZR fronts and rears. In the works, ported/polished head, custom cam, ported T/B.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 68 Old 06-12-2009, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THREESVTS View Post
I would say it's mostly in the rear suspension. You have 2 of everything. 2 shocks, 2 springs, 2 upper and 2 lower a arms. It's heavy duty stuff built to withstand most of what the average rider will throw at it.
I agree that the IRS setup is heavier but to get a more accurate (guess) idea you only need to check the weight difference between the Poolaris Outlaw 525s and the Outlaw 525IRS..........not as much as you may think.

369lbs vs 398lbs........

If the Outlaw IRS weighs 400 dry and the 700XX weighs 485 dry (thats a guess) then where has the extra weight come from?

That said; the combination of IRS and the 700 engine surely has made the XX in to a porker.
post #9 of 68 Old 06-16-2009, 11:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
Any Ideas , I want it down to 425 lbs. I do cross country which means no lights etc.etc.

get an LTZ400
post #10 of 68 Old 06-17-2009, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEAKY View Post
get an LTZ400
Yeah and not only would be able to work on it all the time to fix things that fell off, broke, or failed, you'll also have the pleasure of having a little more than half the power of the 700xx

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode