700xx flat track racing - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-22-2014, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
700xx flat track racing

I've been trying out flat track racing on my 700xx and I just wanted to see if anyone else has tried this and what they did to theirs to make it turn better. I got the barkers big 3, velocity air filter,l8ton sway bar, hyper beadlocks, Hoosiers tires up front, duro scorchers on the back with a 1.5 wheel spacers on the back as well. I'm changing to a 13 tooth sprocket and twist throttle this weekend. Any advise or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I can run with the 450's but it's a hell of a workout being it's so much heavier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-22-2014, 05:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Garage
I'd check.out some of Ed's upper A-Arms

sent using tappetalk!

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-03-2014, 08:44 PM

Which one of the L8ton swaybars? Hopefully the stiffest one. I don't run a L8ton and am not knocking them in any way because I have rode quads with them and I do like them. But I run run a Durablue along with the factory one. So running two. I have been thinking about changing the factory one for a L8ton. For flattrack, getting that back end as stiff as possible is a BIG bonus. am not familiar with the Scorchers, but I will assume it is on a 10 inch wheel so you are pretty wide without the spacers. The wider you make the rear of the bike the harder it is to turn it. You might try taking the spacers off the back and see if it turns better enough to make faster laps. also have you lowered the quad any? If not, you need to. In flattrack you don't need all that ground clearance that these things have, and it hurts you on turning at high speed. I have lowered mine 4 inches all the way around and it helped.

post #4 of 6 Old 05-05-2014, 06:45 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
+1 For upper arms, huge improvement.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #5 of 6 Old 05-12-2014, 06:38 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
017-DSC_0062 (ZF-4712-97327-2-001)-2.jpg

No , It can't be done, the parts arent there to do it right!

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-12-2014, 09:39 PM

Garage
If you added the wheel spacers to the rear, that's going to make it understeer more or push, to get the rear to drift better running a wider track on the front and stiffen up the rear preload along with the larger rear swaybar should make it drift nicely.

Regards,
Kent

'08 TRX700XX:

Engine:
Castrol Power RS 10/40
HiFlo Filtro HF112
Zerex Asain antifreeze

Suspension:
KYB Can-Am DS XMX Shocks

Controls:
Pro-Taper Contour Raptor bars
Powermadd star handguards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode