User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 11-19-2008, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Baja 1000

The Baja 1000 is on this weekend.

Wayne Matlock & Harold Goodman are on 700XX's........

Looks like 8 PRO and 15 Sportsman teams. You can get the entry list from the SCORE web-site and follow the race live on the net.

Linc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 11-19-2008, 10:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KTM265
Outstanding... I'll have to watch Dust To Glory before watching the 1000.
post #3 of 20 Old 11-20-2008, 02:59 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to trailin'me
interesting reading on other forums how folks say the baja events are the greatest .. until you mention honda dominates ... then blah blah blah ..honda does this ..does that .... but when honda doesnt win .... BLAH BLAH BEAT A HONDA >>>> OMG the (insert atv manufacturer here) is the best beast in teh world ... but no ..if a honda wins ... uhh well its heavy .. haha

unless matlock wrecks ..hell probably win.

post #4 of 20 Old 11-20-2008, 05:36 PM

Baja is the pride and joy of Honda, make no mistake... They pump a lot of time, money and support for their riders. You don't see the other manufactures do that so it makes sense that they do win a lot down there. Now if you go look at the Paris to Dakar Rally, KTM dominates... They put up the most support for their riders...

No one wins Baja or any other huge off-road race alone. If you want to win at those races you have to get factory support.
post #5 of 20 Old 11-20-2008, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM265 View Post
Baja is the pride and joy of Honda, make no mistake... They pump a lot of time, money and support for their riders. You don't see the other manufactures do that so it makes sense that they do win a lot down there. Now if you go look at the Paris to Dakar Rally, KTM dominates... They put up the most support for their riders...

No one wins Baja or any other huge off-road race alone. If you want to win at those races you have to get factory support.
Too True 265 - Winning the Baja (or Dakar, or any long distance rallye) is an acheivement no matter what your on but if you win the Baja on a Suzuki or the Dakar on a Yamaha then everyone knows what sort of acheivement that really is.

I love my Honda but I would like to see another make up on the rostrum just to mix it up.

Linc
post #6 of 20 Old 11-20-2008, 10:19 PM

Baja is one of the last great off-road races. Dakar hasn't run recently due to terrorism in the hosting countries. In the US the greenies have shut down all the good true off-road races... Baja is it.
post #7 of 20 Old 11-20-2008, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

A few month ago I competed in a Dakar style race in Australia.......3000 miles in 7 days. To put that in perspective its like doing a Baja 500 every day for a week. There are probably 10 of these race around the world each year but the Dakar is the only one that gets big coverage especially in the US......it's big stuff in Europe

America is stuffed for long distance off-road races, the only one you've got is the V2R. At the same time I did hear the V2R was going to change to a 3 day 1000 mile race; that would be awesome.

Baja hold a special place in the world because its point to point with no overnight stops and multiple riders. No where else in the world is an event held like it.

Linc
post #8 of 20 Old 11-20-2008, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

Oh and the Dakar has missed 1 year in the last 30......this year it's in South America for the first time.
post #9 of 20 Old 11-21-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzLinc View Post
A few month ago I competed in a Dakar style race in Australia.......3000 miles in 7 days. Linc
Are you on Adventure riders too? I read a story about a guy who took a 640 KTM and added all the 690 goodies...extra tanks...etc...prepped to race that. It was a great write up with lots of pictures.
post #10 of 20 Old 11-21-2008, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM265 View Post
Are you on Adventure riders too? I read a story about a guy who took a 640 KTM and added all the 690 goodies...extra tanks...etc...prepped to race that. It was a great write up with lots of pictures.
Yeah I'm on there........the best site going.....except club700XX of course.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode